1998 Scenario for EWR

Hello, all. As some of you might remember, I have been working on a 1998 scenario for EWR. Well, over the last few weeks, in between the holidays, I've managed to do some more work on it. Now, this is nowhere near the final version; in fact, a LOT more work needs to be done. I managed to finish editing the workers in the game, though there still may need to be minor tweaks. I'm basically submitting this version now for things that are already done IN the game, so people can suggest their changes and give feedback on the scenario in general.

Tried uploading it to Wiki Upload, but it wouldn't let me for some reason. So here's a Megaupload link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QDBCXBC9

Please leave comments and let me know what you think. :)

• Like 1

I just want to repeat that it's nowhere near finished. I don't want people to be upset/disappointed when they realize there aren't any relationships and hardly any tag teams/stables, and that a lot of the promotions aren't finished yet... This is a very long, painstaking process, and one I'm trying to do to a certain quality standard, and it's been a lot more difficult and time-consuming than I expected. I'm probably going to axe about 5-7 of the promotions that I'm having a lot of trouble finding info for some of them, and it would help speed up the process.

• Like 1

Just noticed a pretty big error - I have been confusing Top Rope Promotions with Top Rope Productions (later named World Xtreme Wrestling).

Since two promotions can't share the same acronym, I'm going to create WXW and move the wrestlers mistakenly put in TRP into WXW and fix that. I've also added about a dozen or so workers since uploading this scenario; I'm hoping to add several more and upload another update before the weekend is over.

Nothin' like 6 inches of snow and single digit temperatures...

EDIT: Actually, I'm not going to include Top Rope Promotions, as it's too difficult to find information (their history section on their website is extremely lacking, and frankly I don't think too many people will be upset with them not being included - technically they were Yankee Pro Wrestling at the time, and even today they're not in Bill's update).

Edited by Master Shakespeare
  • Like 1

I took the liberty of adding quite a bit of relationships (mostly the blood relative ones), putting ECCW in Canada, doing some stable work and doing little things like changing "Spicolli Driver" to "Dreamer Driver" because I don't think Tommy used that name until Spicolli died (Feb 98)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FC0QVHPU

Also did some owner work (added Konnan as Promo Azteca owner), added AAA events, etc..

Note: Didn't delete TRP or rename it.

Edited by Ty123

Hey Master, glad to see you back at with your scenario. Is this one anymore updated than your previous version or did you completely start over? I've had your other 1998 scenario for a while now and even though it wasn't finished, it was still miles ahead of the original scenario and made for some great games.

It's a little more updated (everybody has a picture, I tried to put the people in the promotions I knew they were in, and I updated stats for everyone). I'm going to try to look at Ty's update and transfer his data over onto mine (since I've already added about a dozen workers since that last update and deleted a couple promotions).

But yeah, thanks a lot for all your help, Ty. If you want to continue to work on it, then by all means, maybe we'll have a couple different versions of the scenario or something. I don't know if I'll upload another copy this weekend after all, as I had to fix a broken window today and had family over most of the day yesterday, but I am still working on it and will do my best to provide periodic updates.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've taken Ty123's editing of Master Shakespeare's 1998 Scenario and done three things.

FIRST ----- ROSTER

I've added the following guys...

Abyss

Alex Shelley

Brock Lesnar

Bryan Danielson

Chris Sabin

CM Punk

Colt Cabana

Eric Young

Frankie Kazarian

Hernandez

James Storm

Jay Briscoe

Low-Ki

Mark Briscoe

Matt Stryker

Nigel McGuinness

Samoa Joe

These guys are at their correct age for the time and so stats will not reflex their current abilities. Thie should give us more of a reason to continue playing this scenario since we have these young talent to look forward to in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND ---- SALARIES

I lowered ALL salaries... including staff. I wanted something more realistic. Some may not want this; however, I cant stand to pay someone, with a 30 Over, almost a Million Dollars a Year. It just wouldn't happen in real life.

You may see very low numbers, but remember that these are monthly wages. These are even Open Contract wages. With the wages that were here before, most companies wouldn't make it far paying guys $30,000 or $40,000 a show when these guys aren't drawing that much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIRD ------ OTHERS

I lowered Vince Russo's and Ed Ferrera's talent because, really, when were they ever talented?

I changed Greg Gagne from Owner to Road Agent because that is what he did in WCW around this time. I would have rather had him as booker because he can do it.. but I just made him a Road Agent and checked the Booker box.

I move around ECW's Advertising and Merchandise so that they gain the most profit possible with their current Image.

I also added one final promotion which I called Ring of Honor. I was going to start off my game with them so that's why I didn't delete it from the list. I haven't done anything significant with this so you can just delete it if you want.

Hopefully you enjoy this. I have no intentions on taking over the incredible task of updating this scenario all the time. I just can't play this game with unrealistic wages.

Thanks to:

Master Shakespeare

Ty123

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VH7UJZWQ

Edited by wecwfan

Just wondering, with guys like Brock Lesnar and John Cena in these games before they debuted, is there anyway of making them more likely to be picked up by major companies a few years in to the game if I'm playing as a minor company? All I can think of is hiring them around when they debuted in real life and altering their stats, then releasing them.

I almost posted this update yesterday, and now I kind of wish I did. I've been working on this quite a bit. I'm going to still continue working on mine solo (I have around 700 workers right now, hoping to reach 750 or more this weekend) and if anyone wants to use the previous files I posted, I don't mind. I appreciate people giving me credit (thanks, wecwfan). I based mine off the original one from the EWInventory, I believe made by Andrew. But it was pretty inaccurate, so I had to do a major overhaul.

Master Shakespeare, are you adding in more guys from around that era or young guys that are wrestling now? Thanks

Both, actually. I've added a lot of lucha guys, specifically, as well as most of the ones you mentioned above.

The cut off I'm using is if they started wrestling in 2000 (even if it's December 2000). Kind of arbitrary, but I figured I had to have a cut off of some kind. A couple may have gotten through the cracks, but still, I'm trying to keep it as people who started wrestling within three years of the scenario's date (January 1998).

Hope your adding Brock Lesnar... even though he didn't debut on-screen until 2002.. he signed with the WWF/E in 2000.

Also, would Alex Shelley be one of the guys that got through the cracks? One last thing, did you add anymore women? Not manager women, but wrestling women. Maybe adding the Beautiful People, Awesome Kong, etc.. could help out for future women wrestling in the game.

How far are you in terms of how close this is to being done, or at least a more updated verison of it?

Not really sure. I've been sick most of the weekend, so I didn't get as much done on it as I'd hoped. I'm also not sure exactly when I want to post another update. Seems silly to post it when there's only 50-100 more workers in it, and I was hoping to do more work on staff as well.

I am going to add more female wrestlers. I've been skipping over them to a large degree, adding male ones first, but I have a HUGE list of wrestlers that I'm adding based on current updates, wikipedia (and various wikis, like luchawiki) and online world of wrestling, as well as some other info I've gotten from people who have helped me with the project.

I'm going to keep working on it. I have no idea how long it'll take to finish. It is a very time-consuming process, one I may never finish before quitting, but I'll post an update this month.

EDIT: Lesnar is in, by the way.