MMA Predictions: The EWB Fighting Championships

Rich

WEC-47-Bowles_vs._Cruz.jpgsengoku-logo.jpg

Next weekend we have WEC 47: Bowles vs Cruz and World Victory Road: Sengoku Raiden Championships 12 on March 6 and March 7 repsectively.

EWB FC will be holding their first contests for these two promotions, so if you would like to throw your hat in to the ring (or cage) sogns ups are open, line ups will be posted on Tuesday and deadlines will be Friday and Saturday...

There will be a slight change in rules announced for Japanese fight cards, mainly due to rule differences in the Japanese fights and to make them distinct.

Thanks for everyting guys, I will attempt to get a round up of the first month done this weekend and incorporate the new rules in then.

So its come to my attention that I don't need to adress the issue of rounds in EWB FC until we hit DREAM with its "Pride Like Rules", Sengoku this weekend is going to be 3x5's and 5x5's like the Unified Rules of MMA... So, the idea has come to me that to make Japanese card a little bit differnet in scoring (as the Japanese like to be a little bit different anyway). So here's the way it's going to work, and I'll edit it into the first post at a later date.

For Japnese fight cards I want you to choose a "Top 3 picks" from each card, it doesn't matter which order they are, just the 3 you are most certain of. These fights will be subject to a 2x multiplier meaning you get double the score. These three will be marked on your picks like this

Fighter x-KO-2<- Top 3 Pick

thus making it obvious to me and everyone else which they are confident of. Its easy, its simple and anybody can do it... much like Britney Spears :shifty:

So here are the fight cards after a couple of reminders.

Remember title matches are 5 rounds

Deadlines are 00:00 PST on Friday/Saturday for WEC (5th as it goes into the 6th) and 00:00 PST Saturday/Sunday (6th as it goes in to the 7th) for Sengoku...

WEC 47

* Champ Brian Bowles vs. Dominick Cruz (for bantamweight title)

* Joseph Benavidez vs. Miguel Torres

* Jens Pulver vs. Javier Vazquez

* L.C. Davis vs. Deividas Taurosevicius

* Karen Darabedyan vs. Bart Palaszewski

* Chad George vs. Scott Jorgensen

* Erik Koch vs. Chad Mendes

* Danny Castillo vs. Anthony Pettis

* Leonard Garcia vs. George Roop

* Bendy Casimir vs. Ricardo Lamas

* Courtney Buck vs. Fredson Paixao

Sengoku 12

* Champ Jorge Santiago vs. Mamed Khalidov (for Sengoku middleweight title)

* Nick Denis vs. Yuji Hoshino

* Kyung Ho Kang vs. Shigeki Osawa

* Tomonari Kanomata vs. Marlon Sandro

* Kiuma Kunioku vs. Leonardo Santos

* Maximo Blanco vs. Chang Hyun Kim

* Akihiro Gono vs. Diego Gonzalez

* Henry "Sentoryu" Miller vs. Yoshihiro Nakao

I am going to add the caviat that with WVR being Japanese anything can happen and they may add fights, I am pretty much open to adding fights until Friday, but after that no more, so i will be keeping an eye on the card, and if any of you guys see anything let me know.

Head to Heads will go up Saturday and Sunday lunch times GMT

Sorry its a bit rushed again guys, I have job interviews and stuff and wont be around for the next couple of days so start thinking, reminders should go out on Friday of you haven't predicted before then, and if anyone wants to join still sign ups are still open :)

I will be posting Head to Heads for WEC very soon... I am waiting on one person's picks (no names you know who you are :P). If he doesn't get back to me soon I will set in and take his place for WEC. Get your Sengoku picks to me asap now please (Y)

WEC 47: Bowles vs Cruz

WEC-47-Bowles_vs._Cruz.jpg

Here we are guys, sorry its late, the head to heads are below, the reason its late... you guys :P, Kiniski didn’t get his WEC picks to me so I have taken his place... Fighter of the night will be the WEC champion (Y)

In good news, since Perfecshaun isn’t involved we won’t have a triple champion :D

Rich (0-2)

Brian Bowles-Sub-2

Miguel Torres-Sub-2

Javier Vazquez-Sub-3

LC Davis-Dec-3

Karen Darabedyan-Dec-3

Scott Jorgensen-KO-1

Chad Mendes-KO-2

Anthony Pettis-KO-1

Leonard Garcia-Sub-1

Bendy Casimir-Sub-2

Courtney Buck-KO-1

Vs

Reyrey619 (1-1)

Brian Bowles-KO-2

Miguel Torres-Sub-1

Javier Vazquez-Dec-3

LC Davis-Dec-3

Karen Darabedyan-Dec-3

Scott Jorgensen-KO-1

Erik Koch-Dec-3

Anthony Pettis-Sub-2

Leonard Garcia-KO-1

Ricardo Lamas-Dec-3

Fredson Paixao-Sub-2

Captain Kirk (2-1)

Brian Bowles-Sub-3

Miguel Torres-Sub-2

Deividas Taurosevicius-Dec-3

Javier Vazquez-Dec-3

Scott Jorgensen-KO-1

Anthony Pettis-KO-2

George Roop-Dec-3

Chad Mendes-KO-3

Ricardo Lamas-Dec-3

Fredson Paixao-Sub-2

Vs

MPH (2-1)

Brian Bowles-Sub-3

Miguel Torres-Sub-2

Javier Vazquez-Dec-3

L.C. Davis-Dec-3

Karen Darabedyan-KO-2

Scott Jorgensen-Dec-3

Erik Koch-Sub-2

Anthony Pettis-Sub-1

Leonard Garcia-Dec-3

Ricardo Lamas-Dec-3

Fredson Paixao-Dec-3

sengoku-logo.jpg

Sengoku 12, sees the first Japanese event in the EWB FC, we have 2 match up with the fighter of the night will win the EWB FC Sengoku championship

Rich

Jorge Santiago-Dec-5<-Top 3

Nick Denis-KO-2

Kyung Ho Kang-Dec-3

Marlon Sandro-Sub-1<-Top 3

Kiuma Kunioku-Dec-3

Chang Hyun Kim-Sub-1<-Top 3

Akihiro Gono-Sub-2

Henry Miller-KO-3

Vs

Captain Kirk

Mamed Khalidov –KO- 2

Nick Denis-KO-1<-Top 3

Shigeki Osawa-Dec-3

Marlon Sandro-KO-2<-Top 3

Kiuma Kunioku – Dec-3

Chang Hyun Kim-Sub-1<-Top3

Akihiro Gono-Dec-3

Yoshihiro Nakao-KO-1

MPH

Jorge Santiago-Sub-4

Nick Denis-TKO-2

Shigeki Osawa-Dec

Marlon Sandro-TKO-1<-Top 3 Pick

Leonardo Santos-Dec

Maximo Blanco-TKO-2

Akihiro Gono-Sub-1<- Top 3 Pick

Yoshihiro Nakao-TKO-1<- Top 3 Pick

Vs.

Gene Kiniski

Jorge Santiago-KO-4<-Top 3

Yuji Hoshino-Sub-3

Shigeki Osawa-Dec-3

Marlon Sandro-KO-1

Kiuma Kunioku-Dec-3

Chang Hyun Kim-Sub-1<- Top 3

Akihiro Gono-Dec-3<- Top 3

Yoshihiro Nakao-KO-3

The results for both this and WEC will be posted tomorrow morning when I have watched the WEC card and done all the mathematics involved. Later guys (Y)

WEC-47-Bowles_vs._Cruz.jpg

WEC 47 saw a first in the EWB FC, we did not crown a champion at the first attempt. As a result of Captain Kirk and reyrey619 will make WEC 48 even more special than it just being their first pay-per-view by matching up to face each other for the first EWB FC WEC Championship. Not only that, but everyone’s scores were really close in their predictions with 5 points separating the highest scoring individual from the lowest!

Here’s the round up:

Reyrey619 (2-1)

(0+0+10+18+0+13+0+10+0+10+15)=76

Defeats

Rich (0-3)

(0+0+15+18+0+13+10+18+0+0+0)=74

Via split decision

(OOC: For fucks sake 2 points! And I almost picked Paixao as well! :D )

Captain Kirk (4-1)

(0+0+10+0+0+13+13+15+0+10+15)=76

Defeats

MPH

(0+0+10+18+0+10+0+13+0+10+10)=71

Via Split Decision

sengoku-logo.jpg

Sengoku 12 was out first Japanese event and saw us using an adjusted scoring system with the addition of the top 3 picks, where these fights counted for double what the score would have been. This time we did get a clear cut fighter of the night and as a result I would like to congratulate MPH on being the inaugural EWB FC WVR champion.

Here’s the round up:

Captain Kirk (4-1)

(0+0+18+30+0+0+18+15)=81

Defeats

Rich (0-4)

(40+0+0+26+0+0+10+0)=76

(again)

Via Split Decision

MPH (3-2)

(10+0+18+36+10+15+20+30)=139

Defeats

Gene Kiniski (0-2)

(20+15+18+18+0+0+36+15)=122

Via Submission, with MPH winning the EWB FC WVR Championship

OOC: Right bit of a break this weekend from major action and then we are going to be in the thick of it with several UFC cards (versus, 111, 112, etc...), Strikeforce, Dream, WEC PPV, its gonna be hectic so keep your eyes peeled on the thread.... I am determined to win one eventually as well hahaha, thanks guys!

Now then guys, next weekend is DREAM 13 and UFC on Versus 1 and thus sign ups are now open (Y)

I will be putting the cards up tomorrow or on Tuesday and I will be asking for picks a bit earlier this week but with both fights being on Sunday (technically Sunday morning for DREAM) I will be setting the deadline as midnight GMT as Friday passes in to Saturday, this is because Ihave my Grandma's funeral on Friday and then I am drinking and watching a fuck ton of Rugby on the Saturday, the latter is out of town as well, so I will hope to have everything in place for Sunday when I get back.

As a note Perfecshaun, will be defending his UFC title if he signs up, if he doesn't and then looks like missing UFC111 as well we will crown a new champion there as he hasn't defended :)