Dawn of MMA V2 Released

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much the only sure thing in this mod is that Royce will be a Submission Beast and that Fedor will kill his opponent. Like it won't even be a fight. He'll just break their necks and move on to his next opponent.

Makes sustaining a decent Heavyweight Division a bitch.

Yeah, until Funaki, Severn, Taktarov, Mezger, Frye, Coleman and Abbot etc. come along, that's pretty much the entire competition. If you want variation, I suggest doing what I do: Keep Shamrock and Royce separate for the first two events, then have them fight for the Superfight title in your third event (assuming they both win each event, which is likely). That way, one of them will have the title and one will be in the tournament for the future fights and it'll keep you from running Shamrock Vs. Gracie time after time.

If I can give some advice... try not to use either of them all the time. They'll be your star fighters easily, but if you use them all the time, they'll get too big too quickly and you'll never be able to convince them to stay on. First few times I played the game, I ended up losing both Royce and Shamrock, leaving me with only Dan Severn, who usually retires pretty quickly.

Question: Does anyone else ever mess with the début dates? I've started playing around and having like, Severn début a lot sooner than he does. Just keeps things interesting and means that I actually get to use him for a little while.

How far does everyone usually go? I'm in March 2004 in the 2nd game I've done so far. The loading times are still pretty good, so that's a plus. Nothing really crazy has happened (beside Dan Bobish beating Randy Couture in Couture's last fight <_< )

Yeah, until Funaki, Severn, Taktarov, Mezger, Frye, Coleman and Abbot etc. come along, that's pretty much the entire competition. If you want variation, I suggest doing what I do: Keep Shamrock and Royce separate for the first two events, then have them fight for the Superfight title in your third event (assuming they both win each event, which is likely). That way, one of them will have the title and one will be in the tournament for the future fights and it'll keep you from running Shamrock Vs. Gracie time after time.

If I can give some advice... try not to use either of them all the time. They'll be your star fighters easily, but if you use them all the time, they'll get too big too quickly and you'll never be able to convince them to stay on. First few times I played the game, I ended up losing both Royce and Shamrock, leaving me with only Dan Severn, who usually retires pretty quickly.

Question: Does anyone else ever mess with the début dates? I've started playing around and having like, Severn début a lot sooner than he does. Just keeps things interesting and means that I actually get to use him for a little while.

I am currently NOT doing the actual UFC way with several months apart.

I am doing a bi-monthly show where either Royce or Ken fights the main fight and the rest (funaki, rutten, oleg and severn) fight in the rest of the card building them up...

Oh, and i got the regen of Ron van Clief and he is dominating the competition i set him up against. He beat Rutten by submission!

If we're talking people not being great, I've always felt Rutten was due a serious improvement to his stats. The guy can barely do anything in my games. I would say Frye as well, but it seems like The Predator becomes unstoppable once he reached about 40, which is just plain strange.

Well Rutten is on fire at the moment.

He beat Shamrock for the title and he now has a run of 9 fights where he didn't even come close to the 3rd round let alone the 5th.

I have thrown everyone with talent at him. Oleg got cut down in the first round twice. Severn was killed in the second round and Shamrock had to tap out in the second to.

The only one that hasnt faced Rutten is Royce.

But Royce has been notorious in performing badly in my game.

He tends to coast through the matches and winning it by decision.

So at the one hand Royce is the only one left to challenge him. On the other hand i don't want him to win it because he will make every title fight a boring affaire.

Yeah TK I find the same with Rutten.

He came in and I expected him to tear into my top division but he ended up losing to pretty much every other top contender.

Yeah. Against anyone who isn't a real name, he'll do fine, but he crumbles against guys like Shamrock, Mezger, Frye...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...