Dawn of MMA V2 Released

DOMMA V2 Data

File is on filefactory while other sites aren't working. If anyone has an EWInventory style site to host on, that'd be great. Credit to Biggz and the TOS guys once more for the awesome base data and thanks to Sherdog.com for the fight histories on there.

Updates for Version Two:

- Fighter debut records revised. No longer many 0-0 debuting fighters, the majority have early career records. For example, "Rampage" Jackson comes into the game a few years later 10-1. This has improved playability in all the trials we've done.

- Fighter reputation and name value have been revised for all fighters in line with the new records. This has helped to get rid of the "promotions won't sign unknown fighters' problem V1 had.

- Fighter statistics have been revised in a lot of instances, although I can't put a figure on it. Examples where you'll be able to tell the difference are guys like Rich Franklin, Rashad Evans and Gegard Mousasi. Due to popular demand, Ken Shamrock has also been changed.

- Company popularity has been reduced, drastically in some cases. This issue shouldn't have even been in the first release, but it's been worked on now.

- New companies MWVT and UCC are included to help out the lower name fighters.

- Lion's Den added as a camp, some camps changed slightly.

For a decent pic pack, I recommend the excellent panini style over on Grey Dog. That has pretty much everyone covered.

Feedback is greatly encouraged at this point as when discussion dies down I'm moving onto something else and leaving this mod. So any stat problems, popularity problems etc. speak now or forever hold your peace. I'd appreciate it if someone can play or simulate things through to at least the new millenium (ideally 2003 or later) to see how it plays out from the perspective of someone playing just for fun.

NB/ We know Randy Couture is immense at the start, but his stats are slightly higher to counter act the aging process he gets hit with pretty much straight away. If the majority don't like it, it will be changed.

So, yeah, after a fair few bleary eyed late nights, I think this could be done. Enjoy :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart fluttered a bit when I saw this was released. So excited. Unfortunately I have the flu and fell asleep shortly after downloading it yesterday evening. I'm toying with it now, i've played through my first event and am on my way to UFC 2. Because I watched UFC 2 recently, I know that many of the ages for the random guys who debut in January that fought at UFC 2 are off. Johnny Rhodes, for example, should be 39. This is relatively minor though because none of these guys figure to be permanent fixtures on the MMA scene a few years down the road anyhow.

Edit: Masakatsu Funaki should be better rated. At least as a tap out artist. Outside of Royce he was probably the best fighter in the world at that point. At worst, third behind Royce and Ken.

Royce Gracie won the first three UFCs, facing Ken Shamrock at all three, in the semi-finals of UFC 1 and the finals of UFC 2 & 3. Now with only one fight left and a name value too high to resign, he's likely done for awhile. Bas and Severn debuted at UFC 4 and faced off in the finals. Bas won to become the second unique UFC champion in history.

Edited by Indie913

• 4 weeks later...

having a problem with this. after I install it and start the game up I'm only offered to play as UFC or be unemployed. I choose UFC and go to sign fighters but there's only a handful of fighters and only 2 broadcasters. is this the way it's supposed to be ?

having a problem with this. after I install it and start the game up I'm only offered to play as UFC or be unemployed. I choose UFC and go to sign fighters but there's only a handful of fighters and only 2 broadcasters. is this the way it's supposed to be ?

If my understanding is correct, the game starts from the very beginning of MMA, and as such UFC would be the only promotion that's around and there'd only be a few fighters.

Fighters debut as you go through the game as do Fight promotions. As you go along you will find more and more fighters debut and the game world opens up as in real life as MMA became a sport like it is today.

You have to set to only show Faces and not show Body pictures. In the Editor that is done in Database Info, just find Fighter Display and choose Faces Only. In an already started game choosed Options and once again find Fighter Display and changes to Faces Only.

:)

You have to set to only show Faces and not show Body pictures. In the Editor that is done in Database Info, just find Fighter Display and choose Faces Only. In an already started game choosed Options and once again find Fighter Display and changes to Faces Only.

:)

I have already relayed said information to him :)

• 2 months later...