Terry Loses Captaincy

Dynamite

It wasn't a drug ban, he got banned 'cause he failed to show up to a drug test, he didn't actually do drugs. And even though I hate Rio, it's probably the most ridicolous ban ever given out by any FA.

No it wasn't.

He had to get a hefty ban, otherwise any player that knew they'd fail a drugs test would simply not turn up to receive a lesser punishment.

I guess you got a real good point, and I do understand, but I still think it was unfair on Ferdinand, considering the circumstances and him straight away saying test me now, test me now, I don't do drugs. All that jazz.

I think Rio was just unfortunate there had never been a high profile case of someone missing a drugs test prior to him (not to my knowledge, anyway). I don't think anyone ever really thought he'd taken drugs, and if another player had got an 8 month ban under similar circumstances before him there was no way he would've missed that test.

I dont get why people label Rio a crackhead, he got the test after missing it and came out clean(not EWB it's just facebook seems to be loaded with statuses calling him a crackhead)

There's a huge difference between being absent minded(many years ago-he's matured since then if this was the build up to Euro 2004 Rio would never be a contender for captaincy) and what Terry did

It had to go to Rio or Gerrard I am glad it's Rio as Gerrard has a nasty habit of trying to play the hero when he has the armband whose third in line now in case those two are injured? Becks?

The best thing to come of this situation is Michel Platini doing the greatest thing in his UEFA career.

British reporters: "So what do you think about the situation about John Terry?"

Platini: "I really couldn't give a toss. It's your problem in England. What do you want me to say?"

That was his response after ignoring them the first two times, I mean seriously.... why would Platini give a fuck?

The best thing to come of this situation is Michel Platini doing the greatest thing in his UEFA career.

British reporters: "So what do you think about the situation about John Terry?"

Platini: "I really couldn't give a toss. It's your problem in England. What do you want me to say?"

That was his response after ignoring them the first two times, I mean seriously.... why would Platini give a fuck?

This is why Platini is far more awesome than Blatter. Though I expect Blatter to make a few jokes about it at his next press conference