The "I've just completed this game" thread

Just finished Alan Wake. What a shitstorm of a game. Story was okay, I guess, just ripped off Twin Peaks a bit much. The gameplay was solid although a bit buggy and I wouldn't recommend it before it came down to budget price or something.

I finished The Saboteur last night.

Some of the missions on this game are amazing. The story is good too, even if Sean's voice got on my tits. But the driving of vehicles is awful and the hand-to-hand combat isn't much better either. You slowly get used to the shooting, which isn't as good as it could be.

Considering you do a lot of driving and a lot of shooting, you'd have thought a bit more work would've gone in to those aspects of the game. I'm glad I didn't buy it though, just because there's quite a few annoying little bugs that occur, and there's no sign of them being fixed due to Pandemic Studios not running any more. Well worth the rent and the variation in missions was first class.

• 1 month later...

Finished off Dead To Rights: Retribution yesterday. A very fun game indeed.

I played it on the hardest level (seeing as I'd heard that it wasn't a very hard game to play anyway) and only had any real trouble completing chapter three, considering it was a timed level, and I fucking hate it when I'm being forced to go gung-ho when there's snipers above and enemies coming at you from every angle. Got there in the end though.

I finished Alan Wake too. Great game, my only problem with it was that i would've wanted more time to walk around in the town and other places and it was little too much run/shoot than i expected it to be. Next i'm finally trying to finish either GTA IV or Mass Effect.

Edited by The Sandman