Heavy Rain

zero

This is like, a million times better than Fahrenheit, and I LOVED Fahrenheit. I'm worried that I might actually speed through it too soon >_> I'm just at the bit after Nathaniel. Hopefully still loads more to go but yeah, it's really hard to put down.

About Nathaniel:

How in the name of fuck I got away without shooting him I will NEVER know. I tried convincing him that Blake was going to leave for the shadow world, which obviously didn't work, but I managed to get him to put down his gun. When he spun round with the crucifix I bashed the R1 button as fast as I could before I realised what it was. Sheer luck there >_>

The bit at the start with Ethan's family is surprisingly heartwarming, and like Hammy mentioned, having no kids you'd think it'd be difficult to get into that mindset but holy shit, the scene in the mall was tense as anything I've played in a long time. You're just yelling at the fucking people to get out of the way! Awesome awesome stuff so far. I think Jayden is possibly my favourite character so far, but I like Ethan. If only he would remind me less of Russel Crowe :shifty:

Oh, Shelby in the shop shpoilers:

I couldn't convince the robber to leave peacefully so I manned up and punched him the fuck out. I honestly think the shopkeeper is quite possibly the best looking character facially wise that I've ever, ever seen in a video game. The entire game is beautiful but fuck me, that guy looked real.

Lauren replay Spoiler.

If you do not leav your card and have Lauren raped she still shows up in Shelby's Office.Just with a black eye. :-/

Can´t seem to be able to talk her out of becoming partners aswell.

About Nathaniel:

How in the name of fuck I got away without shooting him I will NEVER know. I tried convincing him that Blake was going to leave for the shadow world, which obviously didn't work, but I managed to get him to put down his gun. When he spun round with the crucifix I bashed the R1 button as fast as I could before I realised what it was. Sheer luck there >_>

I did the same but hit the button to late so i ended up not shooting him. I wonder if you can get Blake killed here, but i do not expect it.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Bwahahaha.

ARI spoiler(ish)

I spent about ten minutes just throwing the ball against the virtual wall in the police office.

Me too!

This is like, a million times better than Fahrenheit, and I LOVED Fahrenheit. I'm worried that I might actually speed through it too soon >_> I'm just at the bit after Nathaniel. Hopefully still loads more to go but yeah, it's really hard to put down.

About Nathaniel:

The bit at the start with Ethan's family is surprisingly heartwarming, and like Hammy mentioned, having no kids you'd think it'd be difficult to get into that mindset but holy shit, the scene in the mall was tense as anything I've played in a long time. You're just yelling at the fucking people to get out of the way! Awesome awesome stuff so far. I think Jayden is possibly my favourite character so far, but I like Ethan. If only he would remind me less of Russel Crowe :shifty:

I couldn't convince the robber to leave peacefully so I manned up and punched him the fuck out. I honestly think the shopkeeper is quite possibly the best looking character facially wise that I've ever, ever seen in a video game. The entire game is beautiful but fuck me, that guy looked real.

My only gripe with the mall was the horrible voice acting "JAY-(suhn)!" rubbish.

Shelby in the shop:

You talked to him? I knocked him the fuck out with a bottle!

Also, zoomed-in faces make for fucking uncomfortable loading screens.

Bwahahaha.

ARI spoiler(ish)

I spent about ten minutes just throwing the ball against the virtual wall in the police office.

Me too!

About Nathaniel:

My only gripe with the mall was the horrible voice acting "JAY-(suhn)!" rubbish.

Shelby in the shop:

You talked to him? I knocked him the fuck out with a bottle!

Also, zoomed-in faces make for fucking uncomfortable loading screens.

Yeah, Ethan can sound really emotionless at times.

Shelby:

Yeah, I tried sneaking up behind him but I picked the wrong aisle and stood on the crisps which alerted him.

About Nathaniel:

I did the same but hit the button to late so i ended up not shooting him. I wonder if you can get Blake killed here, but i do not expect it.

Regarding Nathaniel.

Did you guys talk to him? I just shot the fuck out of him as soon as he pulled a gun on Blake. We're such good friends.

wub.gif

Okay, is Jayden's story meant to continually freeze the PS3? It's happened with no other characters, just him four freaking times. I noticed the game itself sometimes fails to work the sound and there're graphical errors, but those are minor gripes, but this is a fucking pain in the arse. No scratches or marks on the disc, just the game fucking up.

EDIT: I've noticed it's happened three out of the four times whilst using the ARI.

I had no freezes with the actual game, only one with the Demo. But there are a ton of reports on freezing problems. I just had a ton of peoblems with screen tearing and sound skipping.

Might be related to the model of PS3 you are useing, i got the final fat one with InFamous.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I've probably jinxed this now, i have not had any graphics, sound or freezing problems so far. However i did have graphic problems on the demo.

Been avoiding the spoilers in this thread even though the are so tempting to click, even ones for parts of the game i know i have done just in case it is different then my play through. Currently only up to the Ethan car part and loving this game so much.

Stayed up longer than I should last night to finish it off. Amazing game, can't wait to play through it again.

Unfortunately, I got Jayden killed by kind of not paying attention to the screen during a cutscene that lead to my being squished in a car compactor. I'll get you next time, Mad Jack. I had Ethan shoot Scott and got the new beginning ending. Not terribly sure what the motive for the Origami Killer was, if he's just gonna kill the dude who turns out to be an awesome father anyway, what's the point?

Stayed up longer than I should last night to finish it off. Amazing game, can't wait to play through it again.

Unfortunately, I got Jayden killed by kind of not paying attention to the screen during a cutscene that lead to my being squished in a car compactor. I'll get you next time, Mad Jack. I had Ethan shoot Scott and got the new beginning ending. Not terribly sure what the motive for the Origami Killer was, if he's just gonna kill the dude who turns out to be an awesome father anyway, what's the point?

Scott? :-p

The Origami Killers motivation was finding a father that actualy would be able do "it". (Give/Risk everything to save his Son.) - I am pritty positive on that makeing sens... we know were he got his psychological crack, how and why the ritual... works.

There is a lot of small stuff not working out though, but if you switch your brain of it workes... but it got harder to ignore on the second play. :-/

I can´t wait for the DLC, i hope the fact that it´s only one character and one houre each keeps them from making all these smal misstakes. I´ed love a game like Heavy Rain with more actual influenc on the Story and everything makeing perfect sens.

I honestly don't know if Shelby would have let him go or not. Something tells me he would have and then left to find Lauren or something. I figure that if someone finally passed his tests then he can move on with life and probably change his identity.

I honestly don't know if Shelby would have let him go or not. Something tells me he would have and then left to find Lauren or something. I figure that if someone finally passed his tests then he can move on with life and probably change his identity.

Spoiler for a different ending!

I screewed up bad with the first trials so i was not able to find the Warehouse without Madisons help. - Something which the killer might have seen. - Wen she called Ethan and toled him the adress he got atacked by Shelby and someone came in for the save.

Oh my god.

The scene with Madison and the doctor. Oh god. (in depth spoilers)

You can tell straight away something is "off" about him, but I lied to him and avoided drinking the drink by sheer intuition. I thought maybe it'd be drugged, and I guess it probably was. I searched through the house and could only find a Blue Lagoon or something club card, and accidentally opened the front door, thinking it was another room.

It gave me the option to leave or stay, and I hesitated, thinking maybe it'd be the smart thing to do, just leaving. I took too long thinking about it and the game made the decision for me, so I went along with it.

I snooped around a bit more, and then the fucker hit me with a bat which made me jump. So many times I thought I was done for.

I failed the shaking pad bit at the start when he was talking to me, and when he approached with the drill, I thought "Fuck, I just got Madison killed." The entire time he approaches you genuinely feel like what the fuck, I can't just watch and do nothing but thankfully! The door bell rang.

He goes speaking to the jehovas witness while I scramble madly for the ropes. I JUST manage to get out when he returns, and we start fighting. I missed a few commands, sone of them where heaving the pad upwards once, and I thought it was shaking the pad, so he eventually knocked me out on and I landed face first on the table. Again, I thought fuck, she's dead.

And then he stroked his hands over Madisons ass. Holy fuck. I'm going to get raped.

He turns her round and stands in between her legs and AGAIN I'm begging for something to do, to escape. And then she jumps up, drill in hand, and drills straight into his heart.

Jesus Christ. I actually had to stop playing for like ten minutes after that just to calm down. This fucking game.

Oh my god.

The scene with Madison and the doctor. Oh god. (in depth spoilers)

You can tell straight away something is "off" about him, but I lied to him and avoided drinking the drink by sheer intuition. I thought maybe it'd be drugged, and I guess it probably was. I searched through the house and could only find a Blue Lagoon or something club card, and accidentally opened the front door, thinking it was another room.

It gave me the option to leave or stay, and I hesitated, thinking maybe it'd be the smart thing to do, just leaving. I took too long thinking about it and the game made the decision for me, so I went along with it.

I snooped around a bit more, and then the fucker hit me with a bat which made me jump. So many times I thought I was done for.

I failed the shaking pad bit at the start when he was talking to me, and when he approached with the drill, I thought "Fuck, I just got Madison killed." The entire time he approaches you genuinely feel like what the fuck, I can't just watch and do nothing but thankfully! The door bell rang.

He goes speaking to the jehovas witness while I scramble madly for the ropes. I JUST manage to get out when he returns, and we start fighting. I missed a few commands, sone of them where heaving the pad upwards once, and I thought it was shaking the pad, so he eventually knocked me out on and I landed face first on the table. Again, I thought fuck, she's dead.

And then he stroked his hands over Madisons ass. Holy fuck. I'm going to get raped.

He turns her round and stands in between her legs and AGAIN I'm begging for something to do, to escape. And then she jumps up, drill in hand, and drills straight into his heart.

Jesus Christ. I actually had to stop playing for like ten minutes after that just to calm down. This fucking game.

Stupid me, I drank it. That fight was easily one of the most thrilling sections of the game. I thought for sure I was done for 5-6 times through it.