Heavy Rain

zero

The Ethan blackouts I believe are because of the accident. Why he has the origami and images of the drowned children is because he already lost a son and another was kidnapped. Since his child already died and another could be killed his mind jumps to the image most associated with the death of children, the Origami Killer. That's why he makes the little Origami because he feels connected to it. It's a stretch but I think that's what they were going for.

Yeah, the blackouts are because of the car accident, but the origami thing is silly. It's a dog, which by sheer coincidence happens to be the killers favourite thing to make? I'm also certain I heard Ethan mention having never done origami before, so it seems a huge stretch to assume he learned it during his blackouts and chose to do exactly what the killer supposedly does. Eh.

As far as the police being there at the end, Blake gets a phone call saying that a patrolman found the '83 Malibu so Blake orders all units and a helicopter to the location.

Yeah, I think a lot of my problems with continuity stem from the fact that my Jayden died at Mad Jacks so I didn't see the scenes where people call cops, or the cops put the evidence together. This is perfectly acceptable.

About Madison calling Jayden yet having never met him, she's a journalist. Any journalist would know the name of an FBI agent brought in to aid in an investigation. Not to mention at that press conference, I'm sure the captain announced he was there. Madison probably was either there or watched it.

Also her reaction to finding out Shelby is probably because of the same reason. She would no doubt know that someone was questioning the families of the victims.

This I don't believe. Maybe I'm just ignorant of the industry, but I can't really believe that a member of the fucking FBI of all things would be publicly known for any small time journalist to pick up on. The captain is questioned on the FBI's involvement, which Jayden can sit in on, but he is never referred to by name, or pointed out to the journalists, so I don't think his identity is something that would be common knowledge.

And no, she didn't know he was questioning the families. Shelby wasn't hired by the victims families, he was visiting them to gather whatever evidence they may have had. No one recognises him, there is no mention of him reporting back to the families with his findings, the families that supposedly hire him are never mentioned etc. He even visits three of the families during the game! I think it's most likely a cover, so I figure there must be a way for Madison to meet Shelby beforehand that I've missed out on. Unless things like private investigations and high profile FBI investigations are indeed less confidential that I assume.

None of it detracts from the game at all, in my view. The good thing about it is that you are writing the story yourself, it's your game and what happens stays happened. It's much more like real life in that way than a game, and in real life things don't get neatly tied up. No one is omniscient in real life, so things like who lays down the glass are easy to make up your own ideas, but some other things are just a bit of a stretch.

If you have Madison call Norman when he doesn't know where the final location is, she tells him that she is a journalist for the newspaper. Apparently the game takes place in Philadelphia so it would be a pretty big paper.

She would easily have connections to the police department and could ask for the identity of the FBI agent. Plus if the Origami Killer has been killing for years, the FBI wouldn't send a nobody. Jayden would be a big deal so the newspapers and media would pick up on him coming.

Yes it's an absolute stretch and not explained at all in the game but that's as close as I can get to making it fit. Far fetched but plausible.

It will be on the store with an delay. You only get it now with the Special Edition or as a PreOrder Bonus.

I´ed say it´s very good as a standalone Product. Very high tension, liked it a lot.

Spoiler about the Contend of the first DLC. How long, how many places, endings ect. but NO Story Spoiler.

It´s not nearly an hour to play it once. Took me more like 15 Minutes. It´s just one "Scene" - one place to play in. But there are five endings (it gives you a checklist once you finished it, don´t think there are new trophies) so there still is a lot to do different.

When you open the DLC it gets it´s own start screen, thee save slots and everything. Even it´s own Bonus Contend to unlock (as of now I only got concept art).

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

So I caved and bought this yesterday, got over half way through and I have a problem, when ever I load the game it says, 'registering trophy information could not be completed' and the game quits. I looked in my trophies and any trace of Heavy Rain is gone, every single trophy is gone. Apparently, I need to back up my save files and delete the user, but Heavy Rain saves are copy locked, I'm gonna have to start again and I have no motivation to replay half the game :(

So I caved and bought this yesterday, got over half way through and I have a problem, when ever I load the game it says, 'registering trophy information could not be completed' and the game quits. I looked in my trophies and any trace of Heavy Rain is gone, every single trophy is gone. Apparently, I need to back up my save files and delete the user, but Heavy Rain saves are copy locked, I'm gonna have to start again and I have no motivation to replay half the game :(

It´s a bug within a lot of Fat PS3s. Check the Sony Topic or every gameingsite on the web for more Info. Something is fucked up with internal clocks or something, prolly will be fix itself by tomorow, if not... Sony is in truble.

Plot stuff

Shelby has been doing this for eight years with all the different boys right. Each of the fathers received a box and a phone. We know of two husbands who disappeared (Lauren's who disappeared after the letter) and the suicide girl's (forgot her name) husband who had left the phone. We can assume that they went some way through the challenges.

The shopkeeper also received the shoebox but apparantly didn't realise what the origami figures for (or at least didn't go past the second challenge as the third challenge origami was still in the shoebox).

Also, in the glassy tunnel there's a dead body and seeming recent I'd assume it was the last father who went through the challenges but failed/gave up/got lost.

If you look at the end of the tunnels there is glass on the floor which would suggest that others made it through this point before.

This all adds up to my belief that Shelby set up the second challenge (butterfly) a number of years ago and at least one father made it through it and another died in it.

If you look at the pictures in Shelby's apartment it shows him as a cop and he looks slimmer in the images. He's only in his 40s during the game and due to asthma it would appear that he hasn't been able to be athletic since leaving the Force. So I'd think that it's very possible that when Shelby laid the glass eight years ago, he was far slimmer than he was in the game.

At least that's what I thought after everything got laid out towards the end of the game.

Shelby would be in his cop uniform, kidnap the kids and then leave the shoebox for the fathers. By the time Ethan turns up he's just another pawn in a long running game. The story does not start with Ethan, it just ends with him (at least if you get a happy ending). I would assume that Shelby would not have had to have messed with the butterfly task in ages (except to replace the chip for the phone each time). I would imagine that each of the kill targets in the fourth task would have been criminal scumbags and dealers that Shelby was aware of. I don't think there are ANY plot holes with regards to the tasks.

With regards to Madison knowing Jayden's number...Again, I didn't check the press conference closely enough at the start but I wouldn't be surprised if she was there. I can't remember if she asks for him by NAME but the game may suggest the name to YOU the player just because YOU know Jayden's name. Maybe she just knows the number as the number for the investigation...Does she say Jayden by name?

It would have been nice to see more on Ethan's blackouts but it seems much like all the stuff from the first series of Lost - the smoke, the polar bear etc.

For those of you complaining about plotholes with Manfred...

The scene cleary switches to Lauren for almost a good half a minute, if not more, as she concentrates on the ballerina, more than enough time for the killer to strike when you watch the scene with Origami Killer burning the evidence.

Oh, and as for Jayden's number...

... she's a journalist who is HEAVILLY involved in the entire case, her not having obtained the key member of the teams number would be perfectly logical to me, but that could just be me.

For those of you complaining about plotholes with Manfred...

The scene cleary switches to Lauren for almost a good half a minute, if not more, as she concentrates on the ballerina, more than enough time for the killer to strike when you watch the scene with Origami Killer burning the evidence.

Issent that before Manfred gets to the back? My Main Complaint here is that Shelby is lieing to the player, so if you belive this Sceene you are not able to figure it out, it would have been cool if Lauren was a playebell character (and with that not only in this sceen so it is less obvius) since she is forced upon you anyway.

Oh, and as for Jayden's number...

... she's a journalist who is HEAVILLY involved in the entire case, her not having obtained the key member of the teams number would be perfectly logical to me, but that could just be me.

Can you actualy be in the Room? I was just standing there watching from behind the glass doore.

Another smal thing, the origami have an Order. How dos Ethan know this? (the final one actualy sais that it´s the final one.)

I know there's some shaky cover for all these plotholes, or inconsistencies or whathaveyou, but you'd think the developers of a game based around, and marketed on the strength of its story, would have ironed some of these creases out. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but you can't deny there's some foul ups about. At least it didn't go batshit insane like Fahrenheit did.

• Like 1

The "So Close..." ending is very depressing.

Dos anyone know who´s voice Madison is hearing at the Book signing Epilogue? Is it the Doctor Killer?

Can you even get Shaun killed? Maybe with Jayden and Ethan Dead? (have not seen Madison saving him yet, nee to try playing the game with only Madison being alive.)

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I don't understand why you would wait. I don't mean to sound like a cock, but given the way the game is designed, I can't imagine a situation where you'd be better off playing the DLC first. I assume it'd give away certain things from the main story.