It's Camden Crawl time.

K

I make this thread every year. They have just announced the initial Line-Up...

TEENAGE FANCLUB * THE DRUMS

DAN LE SAC VS SCROOBIUS PIP * BABYBIRD * BILLY CHILDISH * DELAYS

CORNERSHOP * SPEECH DEBELLE * THE SUNSHINE UNDERGROUND

ALEX METRIC (LIVE) * ART VS. SCIENCE * AUTOKRATZ * BEST COAST * BETTY AND THE WEREWOLVES * BILLY VINCENT * BO NINGEN * CASIO KIDS * THE CHAPMAN FAMILY * CHEW LIPS * CHICKENHAWK * COSMO JARVIS * DAVID VINER * DEAD MEADOW * DRUMS OF DEATH * EIGHTIES MATCHBOX B-LINE DISASTER * ELIZA DOOLITTLE * EMILY BARKER * GAGGLE * GOLD PANDA * HOLLY MIRANDA * THE HUNDRED IN THE HANDS * INVASION * JAMIE WOON * JOE WORRICKER * KAP BAMBINO * KASMS * KATY B * KURRAN AND THE WOLFNOTES * LEAFCUTTER JOHN * LONELADY * THE LOST LEVELS * MALE BONDING * NAT JOHNSON & THE FIGUREHEADS * PULLED APART BY HORSES * RACEHORSES * SAMUEL AND THE DRAGON * SHARKS * SMOKE FAIRIES * STORNOWAY * SURFER BLOOD * TODD * TOTALLY ENORMOUS EXTINCT DINOSAURS * TUBELORD * TURBOWOLF * VERONICA FALLS * WILD PALMS ...AND MANY MORE ARTISTS, SPECIAL GUESTS AND ROUNDHOUSE ACTS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!

For the uninitiated it's an indie style two day romp around camden. All the bars open their doors to wristband holders, and all through the two days bands are playing. You can fall in and out of any bar or pub you like. You can get a map and stage times at the beginning, but to be honest by the time the bands start playing in the afternoon you're usually too drunk to notice which bar you're in.

As usual, not a single fucking band anyone should have ever heard of in the maelstrom of the undercard, but that's the whole point. These are the bands that will be famous next year, and this will be your last chance to see them before they blow up.

Last years crawl was incredible. I had been up partying for twenty-eight hours with no sleep and then went straight to the crawl first thing in the morning. It was AMAZING.

The music starts in the evening, and during the day there's more laid back things to do. Clicking randomly on the crawl website I see they have...

A showcase of Canadian Bands

Some book readings

A fantasy football league

Emerging talent awards

OneTaste poetry and music

Buskers

Some interactive performance theatre

Udderbelly poetry and music

Hip Hop Karaoke (Finally I might be able to amaze the world with my word perfect rendition of Bombs over Bagdahd by OutKast)

A showcase of Japanese bands

Knitting classes

There's usually comedy as well.

My plan is... Get up early saturday morning, go to camden, get hammered during the day, watch bands, fall onto a night bus, wake up at a bus station at like six am, head back to camden to do it again.

I'm going with strings this year, her first crawl, prolly take some of my mates who normally come. I've been the last five years I think, always brilliant.

Join me.

The Camden Crawl is Saturday 1st and Sunday the 2nd of May. Enterinment is usually happening between 12:00 Midday and 03:00am each day.

A weekend ticket will stretch you about £65 including booking fee and first class postage.

This is the first time the crawl has happened on a Saturday and Sunday which will save me valuable time off work.

Was going to do it last year with my brother and some of his mates, but it fell through in the end (and I ended up in Leeds seeing Efterklang).

Pulled Apart By Horses, Tubelord, Chew Lips, Stornoway and Sharks is definitely a good start musically.

Edited by YI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TEENAGE FANCLUB •THE DRUMS • CALVIN HARRIS • SUGABABES

MS DYNAMITE • NEW YOUNG PONY CLUB • BILLY CHILDISH • SHY CHILD • I BLAME COCO

CORNERSHOP • SLOW CLUB • BEST COAST • DEAD MEADOW • WE ARE THE OCEAN

Akala • Art Vs. Science • AUTOKRATZ • Billy Vincent • Bo Ningen • The Chapman Family • Graffiti 6 • Holly Miranda • HOUSSE DE RACKET • The Hundred In The Hands • Jamie Woon • Kasms • Left With Pictures • The Like • The Lost Levels • MAN LIKE ME • MOUNT KIMBIE •NECRO DEATHMORT • PULLED APART BY HORSES • Race Horses • RUSTIE • Silver Columns •Spectrals • Stricken City • SUMMER CAMP •Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs • XO MAN

ROOTS MANUVA • GANG OF FOUR • WE ARE SCIENTISTS • LOSTPROPHETS

SPEECH DEBELLE • YOUNG MARBLE GIANTS • LIGHTSPEED CHAMPION • POLAR BEAR

THE SUNSHINE UNDERGROUND • ROX •YACHT • BABYBIRD • THE BLACKOUT • DELAYS

ACTION BEAT • Alan Pownall • Casiokids • Chew Lips •Clock Opera • Cosmo Jarvis • DENIS JONES Drums Of Death • DAN LE SAC VS. SCROOBIUS PIP • Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster • Gaggle • General Fiasco • GOLD PANDA • Hook & The Twin • InvaSION • THE JIM JONES REVUE • Joe Gi deon & THe SharK •Joe Worricker Josh Weller • Kassidy • Katy B • Kyte • Oh No Ono • PHILADELPHIA GRAND JURY * Sharks Tubelord * Wintersleep

APPEARING BOTH DATES: ALEX METRIC * BETTY AND THE WEREWOLVES * CALORIES CHICKENHAWK COMANECHI * CRYSTAL FIGHTERS * DAVID VINER * DRUM EYES * ELIZA DOOLITTLE * EMILY BARKER & THE RED CLAY HALO * EMPEROR MACHINE * ERIK HASSLE * KAP BAMBINO * KURRAN AND THE WOLFNOTES * LEAFCUTTER JOHN LONELADY * MALE BONDING * MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS * NAT JOHNSON & THE FIGUREHEADS * NITEVISIONS * THE POSTELLES * SAMUEL AND THE DRAGON * SKEPTA * SMOKE FAIRIES * SURFER BLOOD * THAT FUCKING TANK * TODD TREETOP FLYERS * TURBOWOLF * VERONICA FALLS * VILLAGERS * WILD PALMS

• 3 weeks later...