Enemy Of The World

YI

TAKE ONE STEP!!!

HAVE YOU GOT IT IN YOU!?!

YOU'LL HAVE TO TAKE IT IF YOU WANT TO!!

YOU'LL HAVE TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES THAT CAN BRING YOU DOWN!!!

TRY TO PLAY THE GAME!!

COS YOU CAN GET KNOCKED BACK UNDERGROUND!!

Four_Year_Strong_-_Enemy_of_the_World.jpg

Album deserves its own thread/SO MUCH LOVE! I didn't think this was possible but...HOLY FUCK it's better than "Rise Or Die Trying". Like honestly so good, file alongside "Suburban Teenage Wasteland Blues" and "Enema Of The State" good. The first 'classic'/defining pop-punk album since "Take This To Your Grave". The entire thing is massive, synth's become a little redundant because it's so low in the mix most of the time (although when it does shine through it makes it more special, like "Flannel Is The Color Of My Energy" or "What The Hell Is A Gigawatt?"), but fuck me, gang vocals galore, songs are so much more powerful and loud, but more catchy at the same time. It's also impossible to guote lyrics without capitalising them all. That's how epic this thing is. :shifty:

Was blasting this at my mates during pre-night out drinks last night...reception was highly positive. Proper psyche up album. I also love the breezy "whoa's"/"oh's" which they clearly decided to do after covering "So Much For The Afterglow" during the bridge of "It Must Really Suck..." and to the intro of "Enemy Of The World".

ONE STEP AT A TIME!!

ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER!!

I'M GONNA GET THROUGH THIS!!!

ONE WAY OR AN OTHER!!

COS I KNOW IT'S WARMER WHERE YOU AAAAAARRRE!!!

COS NO MATTER HOW FAR THE VIEW!!!

I STILL ALLLLWAYS LOOOOOK UP TO YOOOOUUUU!!!

Seriously 100% amazing. This deserves more love than an abandoned puppy.

• Like 1

Listened to it at school, and it's fucking awesome. Apparently they're doing a signing down the street from my house and putting on a private show sometime soon. Totally going to try to get a seat. I think its funny that I had to learn about the greatness of FYS from here, when they're from my hometown.

Hmmmm, they're from Worcester. Might have to check this one out.

EDIT: Alright, after listening to a few songs on YouTube... not my sort of thing.

I need to listen to more local music - other than the Delta Generators, Jon Short, and Jediah.

Edited by Lowerdeck