Melodic Hardcore Bands

AnnIQ Edison

So after listening to the new Four Year Strong album I have realised that this is what I always describe to friends as the music I like. Metal with actual singing. I just never knew it actually had a name. So my question to you guys would be what other bands follow in the same genre of "Melodic Hardcore" that would be worth checking out. Keep in mind I've already got the Four Year Strong album

Man, this is a weird one, because do you want "Melodic Hardcore" bands or just bands that sound like Four Year Strong? :shifty:

Because FYS and the like are basically just an extension of the FOB "Take This To Your Grave" sound (with varying degrees of homosexual sounding singers/gang vocals).

FYS-sound-a-similars

The Wonder Years

Pendleton

Latin For Truth

Fight Fair

The Swellers

Crucial Dudes

A Day To Remember (recent)

The Years Gone By

New Found Glory (recent album is proper gang vocal fest :D)

Rufio

Half Hearted Hero

Such Gold

Me Vs Hero

All Or Nothing

The Knockdown

Bangarang!

Templeton Pek

All Heart

Exit On The Left

Handguns

MexicoFALLZ

Weekend FM

Racing Exit 13

I'm probably missing a few cos that's off the top of my head.

But yeah, check out A Wilhelm Scream anyway too. :shifty:

Edited by YI

.....what?

EDIT: Ok, I'll broaden that to 'what the hell is easycore?'. I'm guessing some kinda putdown.

Nah, it's not. Easycore in a nutshell is catchy pop punk with breakdowns thrown in, like A Day To Remember or Four Year Strong.

Listen to Killing The Dream and The carrier if you like melodic hardcore.

.....what?

EDIT: Ok, I'll broaden that to 'what the hell is easycore?'. I'm guessing some kinda putdown.

Nah, it's not. Easycore in a nutshell is catchy pop punk with breakdowns thrown in, like A Day To Remember or Four Year Strong.

Listen to Killing The Dream and The carrier if you like melodic hardcore.

Ahh, I thought it was like how people would throw around 'nu-metal' or 'metalcore' as genres, but then primarily as derogatory terms.

A day to remember have the hardcore sound with a bit of singing as do Escape the Fate but they are probably considered emo