Weapon of Choice

probablyoliver

Fallout 2's Gauss Rifle. Rips through anything in short order. And it is GLORIOUS.

Is that anything like the one from Fallout 3's Operation Anchorage addon?

For sheer effectiveness, I'd have to go with the Nano-Swarmers from Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction. It employed a basic four-step system:

1) Throw hive of hyperactive robotic insects towards group of antagonists.

2) Stand next to said hive.

3) Watch as every enemy in the area gets the crap stung out of it.

4) Get on with your day.

When you advanced them far enough, they could also both freeze the opponent where it stood and poison them by mere contact. Brilliant for clearing swathes.

For close combat though, regardless of game, I will usually end up attempting to put as many shotgun shells into as many craniums as possible. Simples, really. laugh.gif

Fallout 2's Gauss Rifle. Rips through anything in short order. And it is GLORIOUS.

Is that anything like the one from Fallout 3's Operation Anchorage addon?

Pretty sure the Operation Anchorage one is based on the Fallout 2 gun. I've not actually played Operation Anchorage, but the Gauss Rifle had crazy range and created a fine red paste from whomever it was fired at. And also there was a way to get the gun at the beginning of the game and play through the game in easy mode.

Well, I haven't used it outside of Operation Anchorage yet, but 'red paste' didn't describe what happened to the people I used it on.

I'll have to use it later in the Wasteland to see for myself.

It WAS a fun weapon in the Operation Anchorage mission though.

1. Hidden Blades from Assassins Creed

"Father you can't be up here. Father you can't be up here! GUY- *death gurgle* (Seriously, acting like a Preist and walking towards Guards on roof's was always so much fun :D)

2. Shotguns. Any and All.

3. Flower Petals from Mario Bros

• 1 month later...