Skate 3

wolves

I messed around with the demo a little bit today. Not as good as the demo for Skate 2. You're really confined to a small area. However I'm already back in the groove with flip tricks and grinds. I love the new darkslides, so much fun. I'm certainly ready for the game to come out.

So, I was playing the demo again last night and....man, I cannot do that one bail mission in the clock tower. I can get all the targets fine (I just found out yesterday about the slow motion bails), except the two farthest, I can never get close. Anyone completed it?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else got this yet? I'm wondering whether it's worth starting our own team. I'm enjoying it so far, but I can't shake the feeling that it's just more of the same. I haven't really messed around with any of the creative things like the park editor yet though, maybe that'll breathe some life into it. Quite disappointed with the cusotmisation options for your skater, and they really need to make browsing the clothing options easier, it's such a drag. Still, it's not like the engine or anything is broken, and it's a brand new area to skate and explor, so I'm happy for now, but they're going to have to stop riding the "we beat the shit out of the THPS series that one time" hype and do something special for the next one.

It is more of a step sideways with a nudge forwards. There are definite improvements and some of the spots in Skate 3 are much better but for the most part the system hasn't changed much, then again if it isn't broke why fix it. For one the skate park editor is I'm sure fantastic if you have the patience to create a whole skate park and not to just piss about with it.

For me, I'm incredibly mad that I spent $60 on this game. They should have just made it multiplayer only if they were going to basically rape the single player portion. I finish the whole thing in around five hours. That's an absolute joke. Not to mention graphic problems, freezing problems, and the number of step backwards they took. I mean seriously, why can't I have a little marker on the game map letting me know where I am. It all felt so disconnected like you just went from area to area to do the same basic tasks over and over again. For some it's probably a solid game but for me, I'd rather go back to Skate 2.