Shia LaBeouf apologizes for Indiana Jones 4

apsham

I'll forgive the first two Transformers films if the next one includes the phrase "Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Haha, Googling that to find out what that phrase was, I came across this gem on a Transfomers Wiki page about the Universal Greeting;

"Strangely, humans had never heard of it before. Stranger yet, the rest of the galaxy is populated by robots" - what a place to casually drop that in.

Its was a sequal about 10 years to late, it was always going to fail to be what the others were, but the others were OTT. The originals were set in the 30's when serials were about adventure, where as Indy 4 was set in the 50's when Sci-Fi B-Movies were in, Aliens kinda made sense in a way, it was just a little poorly scripted at times, but for the most part a bit of fun

To be fair the Dinobots were made after they'd been on Earth for a fair time, to fight that natty digger thing the Decepticons had. So blending in wasn't really that important. Basically built to be thick, but powerful. [/nerdism]

Also, much love to one of the Dinobots being called "Slag". Always gives me a giggle.

You're a bit off, the Dinobots were built after the volcano the Ark crashed in to suffered some tremors the Autobots discovered some dinosaur bones and built the Dinobots, decided they were too thick and dangerous and tried to send them away only for the dinobots to save the autobots from the decepticons and then the autobots decide to keep them. You don't see Devastator (the huge Constructicon robot) until later in Series One, and that is fucking bad ass.

Is it wrong I read MGW's post and thought..."What the fuck is he going on about?"

Also, the episode where all the Decepticons want to take over after Megatron and Starscream get frozen is a personal favourite. Where one holds a football coach captive asking him for tactics and Astro-Train controls a whole army of trains.

Edited by YI

No, it confused the fuck out of me.

Though now I want to see a Transformers series set in the '30s. No steampunk shit. Just big fuck-off robots. In Weimar Berlin.

Edited by Skummy
  • Like 2

Is it wrong I read MGW's post and thought..."What the fuck is he going on about?"

No, I posted before I read the whole thread, It made no fucking sense, carry on

In other Transformers: The Movie-based recollections, is it just me or is Ultra Magnus bloody useless? I used to love him as a kid, because the toy was huge, and it's like...woah, he's like Optimus Prime, but with more guns and shit, this guy's a bad-ass. No, no, he isn't. He fucking drops the Autobot Matrix Of Leadership because he's a fumbling prick, and then gets killed. That's it. It's all he does.

And Astrotrain, seriously, what the fuck is up with that?

I love this film.

In other Transformers: The Movie-based recollections, is it just me or is Ultra Magnus bloody useless? I used to love him as a kid, because the toy was huge, and it's like...woah, he's like Optimus Prime, but with more guns and shit, this guy's a bad-ass. No, no, he isn't. He fucking drops the Autobot Matrix Of Leadership because he's a fumbling prick, and then gets killed. That's it. It's all he does.

And Astrotrain, seriously, what the fuck is up with that?

I love this film.

He's the only Autobot in the film that dies then is resurected, he is like Jesus, then Optimus get resurected later in the series and its like actually... Fuck Ultra Magnus he is like the awful version of Optimus Prime.

Astrotrain is awesome, he makes no sense (Train and a space shuttle :wacko:) but he is one of my random favourites.

Honest to god, the movie is in my top 5 consistently I love it that much.

And Skummy, I still have the Grimlock toy in your avatar :wub:

Beat this. I've got a little enclave in my wall behind my desk and a wardrobe, with a box FULL of Transformers toys. I can see Galvatron's cannon sticking out behind my computer screen.

There's also a giant cuddly toy panda looking at me. All sorts of shit back there from my childhood...and a sousaphone (not from my childhood, my dad just had nowhere else to keep it).

Edited by YI

Beat this. I've got a little enclave in my wall behind my desk and a wardrobe, with a box FULL of Transformers toys. I can see Galvatron's cannon sticking out behind my computer screen.

There's also a giant cuddly toy panda looking at me. All sorts of shit back there from my childhood...and a sousaphone (not from my childhood, my dad just had nowhere else to keep it).

Dude I have two four foot by two foot by two foot boxes FILLED with Transformers toys, my favourties are Optimus Prime (Giant Plastic version), Rodimus Prime (he is baaaaad ass) and the Protectobots who join together to from Defensor :wub: Scorponok is a badass as well...

I don't have an astrotrain toy howver :(

But I do Have Starscream :D

This is my favourite thread in EWB history! :wub:

And I thought I was nerdy for having 2 foot tall Optimus Prime as a household ornament...

:D I have. Well I had. I took the Optimus (minus the truck) bit (and the accessories which are long since gone) into a seminar at the end of last Uni year, because we decided given it being our 'last seminar' we should be allowed to bring our toys in, like we did in school. That totally separated those who were state educated and privately educated. :shifty:

I don't know what I did with him after that...he should be around somewhere. :(

Edited by YI