Plot Holes That Really Bug You

hugobomb

I've been going on an Angel binge latly and have gotten to Season 3 where we have lots of little flashbacks about Angelus/Darla and Holtz with Angelus taunting Holtz about his dead family on numourous occasions. Then we get the flashback where Angelus and Darla kill his family (you know, to hammer the point home that Holtz has nothing else to lose) when Sarshon (sp?) appears saying it would be 200+ years before he ever saw Angelus again and offers to take him to the future. How can that be right when we had at least two other flashbacks where Angelus taunts him about killing his family?!

So he slept AND chased down Angelus and Darla to get taunted? Explain to me how that one works Joss!

Anyone get really annoyed at this sort of thing?

I've been going on an Angel binge latly and have gotten to Season 3 where we have lots of little flashbacks about Angelus/Darla and Holtz with Angelus taunting Holtz about his dead family on numourous occasions. Then we get the flashback where Angelus and Darla kill his family (you know, to hammer the point home that Holtz has nothing else to lose) when Sarshon (sp?) appears saying it would be 200+ years before he ever saw Angelus again and offers to take him to the future. How can that be right when we had at least two other flashbacks where Angelus taunts him about killing his family?!

So he slept AND chased down Angelus and Darla to get taunted? Explain to me how that one works Joss!

Anyone get really annoyed at this sort of thing?

Actually I don't think he takes him up on it at first. I'm pretty sure he tries to do it by himself at first and only when he realizes he can't do it does he take him up on the offer. As for the actual topic, I'm more for just watching a movie rather than picking at little details such as plot holes, and things of that nature. About the only thing that can get me when it comes to watching shows, or movies is characterization.

Yeah, he gets approached after he can't catch them, doesn't he? Also, I don't like it when TV characters just stop appearing; or sub plots or characters seem to just drop. For example, Kate out of Angel and The Psychiatrist from Alias. For Kate, I know she overdosed and survived, but I assumed she'd be back - or we'd at least see her again. The Psychiatrist from Alias would've been fun to have around after her fling with Sloane ended, too.

So it's a little off topic, but still relevant.

They didn't stop bringing her in, she got her own show. If I recall, they planned for her to return eventually. And when they couldn't get that, they even wanted her to come in as the role of Faith in Series 4 (as in, doing what Faith did) but she was still busy.

Okay, not a plot hole, but something which annoyed the fuck out of me (and Jouzy). "Chuck" when it's revealed Sarah's real name is "Sam" and that swaggering prick is all "You never looked like a Sarah"...it's fucking rubbish, because she doesn't suit the name Sam at all and looks a hell of a lot more like a Sarah than a Samantha. :shifty: Thankfully that's basically just been totally forgotten. :shifty:

I also fucking hate the whole teen drama shit of "you can't hate anyone for longer than 10-episodes". "The OC"...so Luke tries to kill Ryan or some shit...OH NO LUKE'S DAD IS A GAY!!!...him and Ryan are now friends. What the fuck?!?!?

Luke beat up on Ryan, but he didn't try and kill him. They didn't like each other, but Luke even saved Ryan's life at one point if I recall. It's not like them becoming friends was totally random either.

Yeah, I remember him dragging him from the housefire now. But still.

He's fucking his ex...(although it turns out, they never fucked for 3-years in the end or some shit...WHAT'S THE FUCKING DEAL WITH THAT!?!?!?!!!!)...I'm sorry, it's a load of bollocks...although that period of Luke...or the "ROOOOOOONNNEEEEEEEYYYY!!!" Luke was awesome.

Edited by YI

Okay, not a plot hole, but something which annoyed the fuck out of me (and Jouzy). "Chuck" when it's revealed Sarah's real name is "Sam" and that swaggering prick is all "You never looked like a Sarah"...it's fucking rubbish, because she doesn't suit the name Sam at all and looks a hell of a lot more like a Sarah than a Samantha. :shifty: Thankfully that's basically just been totally forgotten. :shifty:

I also fucking hate the whole teen drama shit of "you can't hate anyone for longer than 10-episodes". "The OC"...so Luke tries to kill Ryan or some shit...OH NO LUKE'S DAD IS A GAY!!!...him and Ryan are now friends. What the fuck?!?!?

It's the new version of Rachel's 'I love Ross! I hate Ross! I love Ross' repeat until nobody has given a shit for three seasons.

Plus as TK said, Luke was more a jealous boyfriend than a outright mortal enemy.

EDIT: All this talk has reminded me how much I liked Luke as a character. He was a good offset to Ryan's 'tough but with a heart of gold' character. Plus the dude plays football, gotta admire a yank who plays a real sport :shifty:

Edited by Hugobombski

He played Water Polo. WATER POLO. It's not that big a deal YI, I know I've become good friends with a few of my Ex's then boyfriends. tongue.gif I always liked Luke because he actually turned out to be a nice guy, like Marissa always said. The whole 'he's really not that bad', it was refreshing for someone to actually not be that bad for once. He was also a really nice addition to the Oliver storyline, as much as I hated that whole storyline.

Marissa made worse, more senseless choices. A certain guy named Volchek comes to mind.

Series 3 was the worst of the 4.

Four was quite fun though. Taylor and Ryan was a nice change. It's just a shame Adam and Rachel breaking up pretty much killed all of Seth and Summer's chemistry. Though the addition of Che was awesome. I loved Che.

Fuck off. "The Bullet" was the best thing about Season 4. :)

I watched 4. I watched the first few episodes of 3 (giving it a chance after fading out after the lezbo's disbanded in Season 2)...but Christ it'd gotten shit. I did randomly however catch an episode when some emo fucker who had fallen in love with Marissa fell to his death. The fact 'EVERYONE' seemingly fell in love with Marissa was annoying as shit. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Also, Jimmy Cooper was a god among men. I'll rip off all my friends, yet somehow still be cool as fuck. Shit I can't have Kirsten...fuck it, I'll have her ridiculously fit, stripper sister instead. When they wrote him out it was the writing on the wall. :( That was a fantastically shitty reason to "I need to be a real dad...so I'm moving hundreds of miles away!"

Edited by YI

Fucking Jim Robinson...oh my god...my brother had already started watching and was like "Wait until the granda shows up"...fucking JIM ROBINSON!!! He was amazing, not as amazing as when he showed up as interim president in "24".