Plot Holes That Really Bug You

hugobomb

Also, Jimmy Cooper was a god among men. I'll rip off all my friends, yet somehow still be cool as fuck. Shit I can't have Kirsten...fuck it, I'll have her ridiculously fit, stripper sister instead. When they wrote him out it was the writing on the wall. :( That was a fantastically shitty reason to "I need to be a real dad...so I'm moving hundreds of miles away!"

Speaking of which, did Kirsten ever get back the $100,000 she lent him early in season 1? You'd think she would be the one person he would pay back, unless shagging her sister counts as debt repayment.

Edited by Hugobombski

Its a fact that Alan Dale makes everything he is in amazing.

Also the best thing about Season 3 is Marissa dying, that and Volchok, he may have been a massive cunt but its what Cam Gigandent (sp?) does best.

Season 3 also had Anna back in it for a couple of episodes, and thats what really matters.

Holly were fit as fuck too. I'd fill her plothole. :pervert:

As fit as Flick/Holly was I was always a Libby fan.

I was on about Holly on "The OC", but if we're talking "Neighbours" bringing Libby back was the greatest thing they've done in a while. I've been watching it a bit recently, it's cringeworthy. That Donna lass is a fucking beauty like (I remember when she first came on, that goes back to the teen drama "nobody can hate anyone for longer than 10-episodes", cos everyone hated her and thought she'd started the fire :shifty:), she's definitely taken over Janae's spot as random young totty, with wobbly bits. :wub:

The Steph/Toadie/Lucas storyline takes up 90% of the time, and it's annoying as fuck. The rest is basically Donna looking for her dad...which again...is annoying as fuck. Nothing's progressed in like 3-weeks.

Honestly, the only good thing about the show at the minute seems to be the revolving door of illegitimate kids of Paul Robinson...it's fantastic for comedy value...they should cast one that's black or aboriginal, just for giggles.

Edited by YI

Just to nerd things up a bit after all that OC shenanigans:

In an episode of ST: Enterprise, Archer and co encounter the Borg (200 years before Picard makes First Contact with them in the movie called First Contact which was where humans First Contacted the Borg, first). During this episode, Phlox (the ship's doctor) becomes infected by nanoprobes yet manages to cure HIMSELF. Yet, 200 years later - even ignoring the fact that the Federation should know all about the Borg by now due to the countless reams of data they'd collected in the episode and the fact that a piece of Borg Cube crashed in Antarctica - Beverley Crushers advanced medical technology and expertise can't cure Picard?

... but then, this is a topic about plot holes. I might as well have just said "Enterprise" and left it at that.

Also, moving into video games, the premise of Neverwinter Nights never made ANY sense to me. There's a plague, and organs from rare magical creatures are all that can cure it. So... do they just get a mage to teleport said organs to a secure location where the cure can be worked on? Nope. They sent THE LIVING CREATURES THEMSELVES all the way to Neverwinter. Ok, so they lock them in a secure area right, ready for the vital bits to be extracted? Nope, they LEAVE THEM IN THE STABLE, secured by a flimsy wooden door and... NOTHING ELSE. So, then they send some experienced knights out to find the creatures quickly, right? Since they've scattered to four corners of the city, and are fairly easy to track? NOPE! They send SOME GUY IN A NIGHTGOWN WITH A STICK. Who, incidentally, they don't even bother to allow into vital areas of the city by law.

There's suspension of disbelief for a fantasy setting... then there's just not making any sense.

Also, Dragon Age has quite a fun one I didn't think of until a friend mentioned it as a joke. Darkspawn blood is deadly. To become a Grey Warden, you have to drink it and survive, which makes you more resistant to it. Mabari Warhounds drink (or at least, come into contact with) Darkspawn blood A LOT. So either the ones that don't die ALL become Grey Wardens, technically. OR, they fall into a massive plot hole.

As a related note: Technically that means Mabari Warhounds who've seen combat and aren't dead can kill an Archdaemon. It also means Morrigan could technically "perform the ritual" (sex up) your pet dog near the end of the game. :shifty:

Not so much plotholes but two things that annoy me are when they rapidly age characters or completely change them. So continuing with The OC talk, when Kaitlin was like 11 in Season One and came back 15 going on 16 in Season Three. What the fuck :shifty: and to use another teen comedy-drama example for the latter, in Greek where Rusty's new crush is all like "yeah I don't think I'd suit a sorority" and then by Season 3 she's wearing nothing but pink and at the forefront of ZBZ's song about their dads, cheering and screaming like a little bitch.

I was talking about the mind walk with Angel.

That makes a lot more sense. Out of interest, really off topic, was there any reason Doyle was killed off so early?

A couple have actually been reported, Joss Whedon wanted to kill off a main character early as a shock to the audience, and Glen Quinn was having personal and drug problems so it suited him to leave to sort his life out, unfortunately it didn't happen and he died of a heroin overdose on a friends couch :(

I was talking about the mind walk with Angel.

That makes a lot more sense. Out of interest, really off topic, was there any reason Doyle was killed off so early?

A couple have actually been reported, Joss Whedon wanted to kill off a main character early as a shock to the audience, and Glen Quinn was having personal and drug problems so it suited him to leave to sort his life out, unfortunately it didn't happen and he died of a heroin overdose on a friends couch :(

The sad part is we may have never had to lose Doyle if it weren't for Fox denying the rights to Joss to have a Special Opening in the first episode of Buffy that featured Jesse in the credits. The whole reason he did it in Angel was because he wanted to kill of a credit cast member and he couldn't in Buffy.

Though there have also been reports that he thought Doyle was too strong and actor and a presence and it was hard to keep him on the show in a supporting role when some considered him an equal star to David Boreanez. Though I've never really believed that, because I'd argue once he stole Connor, Alexis Denisof took his performance of Wesley up about 10,000 notches. Not to mention they eventually brought Spike into it, who by this point was pretty much easily as cool as Angel.

Speaking off, and to get back on topic a little, it always bugged me how much Spike seemed to return to being Series 6 Spike when he showed up in Angel. His character had evolved quite a bit in Series 7, but then I suppose they couldn't keep him being a bit dark and brooding because, well, that's Angels gimmick. tongue.gif

I always saw that as Spike being bitter about the whole 'ghost' thing and decided 'if I am stuck like this I may as well annoy the crap out of Angel'. Plus the pair aren't exactly known for bringing out the best in each other

Oh yeah. Total character rewrites, especially in soaps, they're amazing. Like the character just totally changes demeanour and everything, randomly one day. I love it when soaps do that. "Emmerdale" recently did it with the farmer's daughter. Turning her into some drug peddling mental case, when she'd basically been a mild mannered girl tied up in the Aaron is a bender, storyline.

Carl King, serial murderer is another fantastic one. Actually scrub that. Carl King serial murderer is actually legitimately fantastic.

Rosie Webster, mega-slag was another total rewrite (for the best) as it was always Sally who was the 'cunt' and Rosie was well adjusted and normal. And from what I remember there was no transition into it, one day, she was just a bit of a slapper. I think basically she developed massive tits and the writers were like "SHIIIT!!! WHAT CAN WE DO WITH THESE BAD BOYS!"

Edited by YI
  • Like 2

How about this? In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Splinter trained the turtles in Ninjutsu. They're quite effective, as their countless ass-whippings they give to the Foot Clan shows. So why the hell is Splinter always getting kidnapped? Ninja master my ass <_<

• Like 1

The very first movie that I can recall being actively pissed off about a plot hole was Star Trek Generations. Yeah, we can use this wormhole thing to travel back in time to another period, so let's save only the most recent galaxy that the villain destroyed instead of, oh I don't know, fucking all of them.

The very first movie that I can recall being actively pissed off about a plot hole was Star Trek Generations. Yeah, we can use this wormhole thing to travel back in time to another period, so let's save only the most recent galaxy that the villain destroyed instead of, oh I don't know, fucking all of them.

My problem with that film come when Kirk and Picard look like they are about to lose, why don't they just wait until they get sucked into ribbon and regroup? Come up with a better plan instead of their plan which gets Kirk killed.

Edited by Hugobombski