Plot Holes That Really Bug You

hugobomb

I think basically she developed massive tits and the writers were like "SHIIIT!!! WHAT CAN WE DO WITH THESE BAD BOYS!"

This quote is everything that's right with the world.

It made a viewer outta me. (Y)

The very first movie that I can recall being actively pissed off about a plot hole was Star Trek Generations. Yeah, we can use this wormhole thing to travel back in time to another period, so let's save only the most recent galaxy that the villain destroyed instead of, oh I don't know, fucking all of them.

My problem with that film come when Kirk and Picard look like they are about to lose, why don't they just wait until they get sucked into ribbon and regroup? Come up with a better plan instead of their plan which gets Kirk killed.

How about this?

Guinan says Picard can go anywhere. Okay...so why not go back to the Enterprise-D when they had Soran on board and like...throw him in the brig? :shifty: Or go back to the Enterprise-B when Soran's freaking out yelling "Let me go back!" and say "I say we respect his wishes!"

Also, did they really stop Dr. Soran anyway? Sure, we watched him go boom, but Soran went into the Nexus, so there's now a Soran there and.....you know what? Fuck it. I hate these time paradoxes :(

Another one from a game: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. So, you've infiltrated the Giovanni Mansion, which is full of badass mafia types who may or may not also be vampires. You've snuck into their crypt and defeated two Medium Bads (working for a third-party) hat were guarding the object you came here for, a fuck-off huge sarcophagus.

After that, you get a cutscene of a removal van - I shit you not, a full-on removal van - parked outside, having had the sarcophagus loaded into it. So how exactly did you (in my case a fairly-frail-for-a-Vampire Malkavian nutjob girl, but even the toughest, strongest playable vampire in the game wouldn't be able to even lift, let alone carry it) single-handedly remove the sarcophagus from the crypt, load it into the van and escape, all without being seen?

Even assuming the removal guys snuck in after you... hell, even assuming there was a direct internally-opened exit from the crypts to the mansion gardens, there's just no way...

Edited by Farmer Reil

There's a lot of "plot holes" in Lost, but very few that you can't explain with some imagination. I mean, how many things in the series are there that blatantly contradict something else? I can't think of many. Which is amazing considering the massive scale, and all the fine details.

Because Lost sucks and is overrated?

People like you hate on it daily, how can it be overrated?

But yes, Lost is full of some really really really bad plot holes.

There, I fixed it.

Actually you did the exact same thing. It's cool if you dislike something, we all have opinions, but yours are not better. And six years later, as the show ends, the humor in saying Lost Sucks is pretty much lost I would say. But maybe I am over thinking this?

• Like 1

Dharma Food Drops:

1) Maybe they handled the food drops in a similar fashion to Daniel's test with the missile. We know there's some sort of "lag" involved with getting things through the time bubble or however it was explained. Maybe they exploited this.

2) I'd have to go back and rewatch, but there were still people in the Hatch (Desmond) that needed food, so maybe they kept dropping food for the Hatch people.

3) Did they even know the purge actually happened?

4) A Writer's Perspective: Because it'd be fucking boring having to have the survivors forage and hunt for food.

• Like 1