2010 College Football Thread

Great day for college football, too bad I was at work for all the excitement.

I had a huge feeling today was the day Bama went down, next week is the game I see Ohio State losing (one of the 2, Iowa's going to make them look like a high school junior varsity squad). It's setting up nicely for Boise, real nicely. And the same can be said about Oregon. Both will run into potential problems from an undefeated Auburn, LSU or an undefeated Nebraska, Oklahoma. We often forget the value of the win in the Conference title game for the rankings. That said, unless the Ducks and Broncos lose they're both locked into the top 3 for the rest of the season.

Ok, thank you Beavers ... you just helped out Boise St two fold ... a strong win for yourselves only makes BSU look better, and this big win knocks off a highly ranked undefeated team. Thank you.

I'm happy about that one, that was getting scary a little towards the end. Kahut missing two PAT kicks... again at Arizona, is bad.

Canes lose,I'm not happy but the way I see it we lost to the number 1 team in the nation and we lost to a team that has played lights out football since losing to Oklahoma. I have no problem losing like that.

LOL Florida. I told everyone that Florida was going to lose four games this year. LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, and Florida State.

The reason for this is because karma is a bitch and Urban Meyer is a douche bag..a grade A douche bag

AP Poll

OSU's # 1 by 26 points. They have 34 1st place votes, Oregon has 15, Boise St. has 8 and Alabama fell to #8. South Carolina is # 10, 43 points behind the team they beat yesterday :rolleyes:

Coaches Poll

OSU's # 1 by 67 points. They have 49 1st place votes, Oregon has 6, Boise St. has 1 and Alabama fell to #8. South Carolina is # 12, 194 points behind the team they beat yesterday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In short, fuck the coaches.

Guest JukeboxHero

Just because one team beats another doesn't necessarily mean they're better than them and thus, wouldn't necessarly be ranked higher.

But the most important thing is that OSU is at the top, right where they belong. I couldn't be more pleased.

Just because one team beats another doesn't necessarily mean they're better than them and thus, wouldn't necessarly be ranked higher.

But the most important thing is that OSU is at the top, right where they belong. I couldn't be more pleased.

When they have identical records, that's exactly what it means. It means South Carolina is a better team than Alabama right now. Maybe not next week, but for the time being they're the better team. We all saw that get proven beyond all doubt yesterday.

Full stop. You've got to be retarded to actually believe that.

This isn't baseball, basketball, hockey, or soccer(in some cases) ... where you get more than one game against a team to prove who's better. This is football. You get one, and one only (and on a FREAK occassion a second) in order to make the case. South Carolina EMPHATICALLY showed that they are better than Alabama. They beat them on the field of play, so how exactly can you say they aren't better ? That's rhetorical by the way, because outside of being retarded you can't say that Alabama is better than South Carolina.

• Like 1

More than likely, if the BCS rankings came out tonight, Boise St.would be #1.

Which shows how messed up the BCS rankings are.

An undefeated team that doesn't really play anyone worth noting (only played two ranked teams last year, in their opener and a bowl game) shouldn't even be top 5.

ESPN's Mock BCS

#1. Boise State

#2. Oregon

#3. TCU

#4. Oklahoma

#5. Ohio State

#6. LSU

#7. Nebraska

#8. Auburn

#9. Michigan State

#10. Alabama

That looks more accurate. OSU is #10 on the computers by the way. It amazes me how little love South Carolina got when their one loss is "better" than Alabama's one loss based on rankings and the fact that the other USC actually led Auburn late.

Edited by naiwf

More than likely, if the BCS rankings came out tonight, Boise St.would be #1.

Which shows how messed up the BCS rankings are.

An undefeated team that doesn't really play anyone worth noting (only played two ranked teams last year, in their opener and a bowl game) shouldn't even be top 5.

Really ? So Virginia Tech (on the road @ Ravens Stadium where it was as non-neutral of a neutral site I've ever seen) and Oregon State aren't anyone worth noting ?

... and Nevada isn't undefeated and in both polls and staring them in the face later in the year ?

as it stands right now, Mr Sagarin has Boise St's schedule ranked 28th Current ratings ... while Ohio State is looking at a 117th ranked schedule, Oregon has a 39th, Nebraska 76th .....

Yeah, Boise St at the mock #1 makes no sense :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5673225

It's such a big leap from Boise State to Oregon in the ratings too. That said, this is because so far this season Boise's played better opponents than most of their big-conference counterparts. Especially those in the SEC. If Boise stays undefeated for the Nevada game, and Nevada does the same, and Boise wins. They'll be playing for the National Championship, no questions asked. This is good.

And the chances of them playing TCU are good. Which is great news.

Edited by damshow