2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

He apparently sprained his ankle yesterday. Karma's a bitch. God sees everything.

Don't forget that the Heat also lost to the Clippers last night :P

I don't know about you guys but I think the one thing missing from NBA games right now is more technical fouls. I mean, watching short, angry men "T-up" these athletes really gets the juices flowing. Fuck the dunk, the technical foul is the most exciting play in the NBA. That Mauer guy rapidfiring 5 technicals in 10 seconds the other night is perhaps the greatest achievement in an NBA game since Wilt scored 100.[/sarcasm]

New Jersey might as well go all out and get Tayshaun Prince and Ben Wallace and convince Rasheed Wallace to come out of retirement to play for them. Then we'll get the Pistons squad that should have been. <_<

I'd really love to have 'Melo on the Knicks, but I like the team we have now so it's no big deal to me. I can't imagine he would go to the Nets and them not ending up getting Chris Paul, though.

Edited by The Aztec Warrior

The Nets have apparently given up on pursuing Melo. It's nice to know that they finally got the memo after MONTHS of the guy simply choosing not to sign what amounts to a $65 million check just because he didn't want to play for them. I've never seen a team push so hard for a guy who wanted nothing to do with them.

That's been the situation all along, the whole reason for the trade is because what it comes down to is that if Melo doesn't sign the $65 million extension this year, the max offer come FA is going to be quite a bit smaller and likely for not as many years due to the new CBA. Melo has always known he can just ride it out and get a max contract in NY, just for a lot less then if he was traded there (or anywhere) and signed before this year is up.

As for the Nets, I'm glad they went ahead and basically told Denver to shove it. They could've waited until the trade deadline to put pressure on Melo but with Denver threatening to trade him to New York and all the drama that has come with it they were good to just wash their hands of it. The question now is who is out there that could trade for Melo? I like Bill Simmons idea of Aminu, Kaman, Minny's 2012 #1 and expirings for Carmelo and the Al Harrington Trade Tax.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27143974

Lil' Wayne on LeBron and Wade,

"Them n----s never speak to a n----a," he says. "They don't chuck me the deuce or nothing. N----a spent all that money on them f------ tickets ... Come holla at me. We sit right by them little b----a-- n----s. At least come ask me why I'm not rooting for you."

Much like the rest of America, apparently he doesn't care enough about Chris Bosh to mention him by name :lol: