2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

I definitely liked what I saw tonight as well. As expected the energy in the crowd was electric. However, the lack of bigs is such a glaring hole for this team. What's the chances they can make a run at a guy like Marcus Camby or another big body to help bang under the boards?

I definitely liked what I saw tonight as well. As expected the energy in the crowd was electric. However, the lack of bigs is such a glaring hole for this team. What's the chances they can make a run at a guy like Marcus Camby or another big body to help bang under the boards?

I think they tried to get Camby already, but couldn't make it happen. I've also heard that they may sign Earl Barron again. The only other name I've heard at all is Chris Kaman, but that seems like a pipe dream. Odds are they'll have to wait until the CBA gets done to find a big. If Carmelo loses the jitters and passes out of the double a little bit more often, then that offense should be silky smooth and almost unstoppable if guys hit the open 3.

Was just browsing around on espn.com and it turns out that the LA Clippers and the Cleveland Cavaliers have come to terms on a deal as well...

Cleveland Recieves: Baron Davis & 2011 1st Round Pick

Clippers Recieve: Mo Williams & Jamario Moon

Pretty interesting trade... I think the Clippers do get better but I don't think I would have given up the 2011 1st round pick for either one of those guys... Obviously it saves them plenty of cash but Davis was getting some pretty good chemistry going with Griffin and I would have much preferred to have seen Davis n Griffin than Williams n Griffin... Trade also reunites Baron Davis with Byron Scott which didn't end to well the first time, should definately be an interesting trade to keep an eye on the ramifications...

Was just browsing around on espn.com and it turns out that the LA Clippers and the Cleveland Cavaliers have come to terms on a deal as well...

Cleveland Recieves: Baron Davis & 2011 1st Round Pick

Clippers Recieve: Mo Williams & Jamario Moon

Pretty interesting trade... I think the Clippers do get better but I don't think I would have given up the 2011 1st round pick for either one of those guys... Obviously it saves them plenty of cash but Davis was getting some pretty good chemistry going with Griffin and I would have much preferred to have seen Davis n Griffin than Williams n Griffin... Trade also reunites Baron Davis with Byron Scott which didn't end to well the first time, should definately be an interesting trade to keep an eye on the ramifications...

The Clippers are freeing up a lot of money. Also, Williams has a player option for next year so he doesn't have to stay in LA if he doesn't like playing there.

I don't think giving up a lottery pick was smart.

I think there are only 2 potentially worthwhile players coming out next year, Jared Sullinger and Enes Kanter. If the Clips would have ended up with the # 1 or 2 pick in the draft lottery then that move probably backfired in a big way. But then again they already have Griffin and Jordan playing the 4 and 5 so they probably decided it was worth the risk.

At the end of the day, Donald Sterling saw a way to save money/boost profits and well that's the bottom line whenever he's involved.

I think there are only 2 potentially worthwhile players coming out next year, Jared Sullinger and Enes Kanter. If the Clips would have ended up with the # 1 or 2 pick in the draft lottery then that move probably backfired in a big way. But then again they already have Griffin and Jordan playing the 4 and 5 so they probably decided it was worth the risk.

At the end of the day, Donald Sterling saw a way to save money/boost profits and well that's the bottom line whenever he's involved.

I think that is foolish to say there are only two potentially worthwhile players coming out. Derrick Williams? Kyrie if he leaves? Barnes and both Jones' have high ceilings.

It's not the strongest draft ever but only 2 worthwhile players? That'd be awful.

• Like 1

Looks like the Thunder are trading Jeff Green to the Celtics for Kendrick Perkins. Good trade for both teams I think, seems a little strange though that two contending teams are swapping starters at the deadline though.

I think that is foolish to say there are only two potentially worthwhile players coming out. Derrick Williams? Kyrie if he leaves? Barnes and both Jones' have high ceilings.

It's not the strongest draft ever but only 2 worthwhile players? That'd be awful.

It was a "haha" moment last year when the Nets got the 3rd pick in the draft since most teams felt that last year was a 2 player draft. Unfortunately, Evan Turner hasn't really been an instant impact player and other than Wall, the best true rookie in the league is Landry Fields, a guy who was drafted 39th. Also, the # 3 pick this past season has already been traded away. When is the last time you've seen something like that?

There is a reason that unprotected lottery picks are being traded away for the upcoming draft. The GMs don't see anything worth obtaining unless you're # 1 or 2, and even then if you don't absolutely need a big, it's not going to help you.

---

If Jeff Green doesn't remember how to shoot, that trade is a steal for the Thunder.

EDIT: They're saying it's Nate Robinson and Perkins for Green and Krstic. That's even more of a steal for the Thunder if Nate puts his ego in check.

Edited by naiwf

Even if Green picks up his scoring it's a great deal for the Thunder, who absolutely cannot be an NBA championship caliber team with Nenad Kristic as their starting center. Green's a good athletic 6th man type for the Celtics, but he's undersized as a starting 4. He should be a good add for the Celtics though.

I don't know about it being a 2 player draft, and I certainly don't know about those two players being Sullinger and Kanter. Terrance Jones is a 6'9 former point guard, Perry Jones is a very good offensive player who plays 3-4 at 6'11 and is probably going to get "is he the next Durant" type buzz, and then Williams and Irving (if he declares) are a couple of very good point guards.

Also it's not as if Wall, Griffin, and Landry Fields are the only rookies doing anything this year. DeMarcus Cousins has been in the starting lineup for the Kings and has looked solid, and Monroe from the Pistons has looked pretty good.

• Like 2

And apparently the Grizzlies have traded O.J. Mayo to the Pacers for Josh McRoberts and a 1st round pick and I refuse to believe that the Bulls couldn't have topped that trade and gotten a huge upgrade at SG. :crying:

Apparently it might have been submitted to late to go through though, according to RealGM.

Edited by Trey