2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

Bynum's just about due for his late season knee injury, but given that Boston inexplicably traded size for a wing guy who doesn't hit open 3's this year, the Lakers can still win it all if none of their key players gets hurt. The Spurs might have the best record, but they're old and I don't trust them. If Caron Butler makes it back, Dallas could be their biggest threat. OKC is the one team in the West that the Lakers should want to avoid just because they're dangerous. Having said that, the team that I could see giving them a really hard time is a healthy Bulls squad just because they have rebounding, tough defense and a PG who will make life miserable for whoever tries to guard him.

That was what I was going to say. Rose would give an team with known problems for guarding fast penetrating PG a lot of problems

And I love the Bulls defence. Just love it

Chris Paul went down with a head injury. He supposedly got stretchered out.

They're saying it was a concussion. I guess he is out of the hospital and with the team flying to Chicago. Though he won't be playing in that game obviously which sucks cause I was looking forward to watching Rose and Paul go up against one another.

I'm just saying that, since the All-star Break, the Lakers have decided to show up, and play defense. They're the best team in the league, and will remain the best team in the league until someone beats then when it matters, in a seven game series. I've said it before. I'll say it again, the regular season doesn't mean anything to LA, they're the one team everyone knows can win on the road.

So why should we actually care that the Lakers beat the Spurs? Like you said, it's only a regular season game.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone had written the Lakers off as title contenders, it just seems like they've come back to the pack a little more then people expected. Again, it's just the regular season and these are two teams that aren't worried about it, but it is nice to see the Lakers starting to turn it on.

The problem with yesterday's game is that it showed the postseason blueprint for the Lakers to beat the Spurs. The Spurs are not going to grow between now and the playoffs and if Artest, Gasol, Bynum and Odom are healthy the result of a 7 game series is probably 4-2 or 4-3 for LA because the Spurs big men are either old (Duncan, McDyess), soft (Bonner) or undersized (Blair).

Individual wins and losses in the regular season for teams like LA, San Antonio, Boston.

What does mean something is when a team like LA clearly decides to take things to another level, as they have since the All-Star Break. The demise of the Los Angeles Lakers has been greatly exaggerated. Thats all I'm saying.

Although, honestly, I put a lot of hyperbole on shit in the NBA thread because it's fun (AND EASY!) to troll sahyder.

They've beat Hawks, Blazers (in OT), Clippers, Thunder (shorthanded), TWolves, Bobcats, and now the Spurs. Of those wins, the ones that really stand out to me are the Hawks win, the Thunder (even though they were missing Perkins), and the Spurs. They're next four games are the Hawks, Heat, Mavericks, and the Magic. None are back-to-backs for the Lakers and it'll be the second game in two days for the Magic but it'll still show us a lot about more about the Lakers then their past 7 games have.

Kevin Love is officialy becoming the epitome of being a huge player on a bad team.

51 double-doubles in a row without showing signs of stopping, he officially tied the record of Moses Malone.

Tomorrow he will get the chance to kick Moses from that record and make it his own.

Just amazing to see love almost posting 20 points and 20 rebounds every night.

Love's streak is a nice individual achievement, but it's incredibly overstated since his team has only won 11 out of those 51 games. In the NBA, a truly elite player putting up monster numbers for the bulk of the season should be able to get his team more than 1 win every 5 games or so. I said it earlier in this thread, but Kevin Love will only be on a successful team if he's the 2nd, or maybe even 3rd, best player on it.

"Hopefully guys can be aggressive and contribute more," Wade said. "There are guys on the bench that can help us, no question about it. That is all on coach. We've had guys like Eddie [House] help us win games and James Jones, etc. He's going to have to decide whether or not people are on the floor."

And Wade is starting to toss in shots at the coach along with his complaining. Stay Classy, South Beach.