Football Manager 2011

Dan

I crunched Liverpool 3-0 and got their Manager fired. It felt great! :w00t: I want to be some sort of Manager Bounty Hunter now and see if I can inflict job-costing defeats on as many managers as possible <_<

So my first year at Lincoln was a bit of a disaster, finishing 19th out of 24 (but with a six-match winning streak to finish the year).

Second year gets off to a GREAT start - 11 points in the first five matches, and third in the league, but with a dubious distinction. First in L2 in fewest goals allowed in that span (0!), but tied for 23rd in goals scored (3!).

Both records are going out the window in the sixth game, I'm up 2-1 on Accrington away at the half.

11 points in 5 matches means you lost a game, how can you have conceded 0? :shifty:

So my first year at Lincoln was a bit of a disaster, finishing 19th out of 24 (but with a six-match winning streak to finish the year).

Second year gets off to a GREAT start - 11 points in the first five matches, and third in the league, but with a dubious distinction. First in L2 in fewest goals allowed in that span (0!), but tied for 23rd in goals scored (3!).

Both records are going out the window in the sixth game, I'm up 2-1 on Accrington away at the half.

11 points in 5 matches means you lost a game, how can you have conceded 0? :shifty:

3 wins and 2 draws?

3 wins and 2 draws?

Ignore me, not used to waking up this early.

So, I finally took my beloved Bristol Rovers up to the Championship. From taking over in February when they were 21st, we went on the maddest run of 19 games unbeaten to win at Wembley 5-0 against Sheffield Wednesday (who did absolutely nothing to stop us, it seemed). Next season should be interesting. I just lined up friendlies against Liverpool, Blackpool, Aberdeen and a tour of Spain to gear ourselves up against higher level opposition and I am now looking forwards to meeting Bristol City in the local derby next season!

Another great thing - I signed Tom Walsh, previously of Liverpool, who hasn't got much going for him but I think he'll turn into something decent. I bring him on at 75mins in the Play-Off Final and he proceeds to create a goal and score a goal. A fantastic way to arrive on the scene.

So, all in all, next season should prove fun smile.gif

Anybody have any suggestions for cheap, but decent defenders? We've won two and lost one in our first three games in the Blue Square Premier, but our defense is horrendous. I have like 7k in transfer funds, and can probably wing $30,000-$40,000 bucks a year on a guy.

Femi Ilesamni

John McCombe

Aaron Amadi-Holland

Karlton Watson

Just use your filters to find guys with 10's or higher in Tackling, Heading, Jumping, Pace, Anticipation, Marking, Concentration and Positioning. If you can find a guy with 5 or 6 out of 8 in those categories, you're laughing.

Just lost 3-0 to Rosenborg, not long before we have to play Molde in the Cup Semi Final. Molde lost 5-0 to Tromso and sacked their manager, I have been since linked with replacing him.

Interesting how that happened all right before the big game!

On the subject of Newcastle, people who are 4-5 seasons in, how fucked are they on your game?

On mine (2014/15) they are solidly mid to lower table Championship side, no money whatsoever, relying on frees from the lower foreign divisions, St James' is down to 38K capacity due to stand closures and they've changed chairman 3 times in 5 years to stave off administration.

It makes me sad. :crying:

After 3-0 loss to Rosenborg and beating Molde 2-1 to reach the Cup final. We've not won a single league game. Five games to go and we've drawn our last three 2-2. The most annoying being against bottom club Haguesland who after a shit first half fought back to score an equalizer from 25 yards from kick off of the second half and then scored a 93rd minute equalizer. Not only that but Caleb Folan got sent off and I played the rest of the game with 10 men. Just as had happened in the 2-2 draw previously where we lost a player to injury. <_<

Still a point above Tromso, and we play them soon.

Finally did well with Leicester, but pipped to promotion. Managed to get third place in the league, missing out by goal difference only with BOTH of the top two teams. Then managed to lose the play-off final on penalties 7-6.

I fucking hate this game.

On the plus side, Blanco proved to be well worth the purchase of £4m. Versatile midfielder who's only 22 and already has fantastic stats. Managed to obtain an average 8.12 rating through the season and a terrific assist ratio. Plus, he's content to stay with the club in the second season. I love this guy :wub:

On the subject of Newcastle, people who are 4-5 seasons in, how fucked are they on your game?

On mine (2014/15) they are solidly mid to lower table Championship side, no money whatsoever, relying on frees from the lower foreign divisions, St James' is down to 38K capacity due to stand closures and they've changed chairman 3 times in 5 years to stave off administration.

It makes me sad. :crying:

They were on the verge of being totally fucked when I took over. Which is why I went for Newcastle as opposed to Arsenal who'd offered me the job.

2010/11 - Went down in 18th

2011/12 - Came back up to the Premiership in 2nd, a new Chairman took over during the season

2012/13 - Went down in 19th and were dreadfully shit in the Premiership

2013/14 - I took over around November and they were about 18th in the Championship, finished 5th and got up in the Playoffs

2014/15 - Had no money, lucked out with some good value deals/frees and a part-exchange deal for Daniel Sturridge. Played a defensive 4-5-1 and Sturridge pretty much single-handedly got us to 7th. A new Chairman also took over this season.

2015/16 - About £20m transfer budget, bought some better players. Finished 6th BUT the club went into administration during the season (would have finished 4th).

I'm pretty sure the new chairman is a fucking idiot. Given that as soon as the debt was restructured and we were out of administration he's started improving the youth and training facilities, and still gave me a budget of like £15m this summer. Despite being 'back towards the top of the league' fan turnout is still atrocious, only about 3/5 of the stadium being full. :(

Qualified for the Europa League and 3-games into the Premier League - Won 2, lost 1. Beat Cardiff (3-0) and Blackburn (2-0) at home, but lost to Arsenal at the Emirates 4-2, despite being 2-0 up at half time, grrr.

I currently have 6-registered players who were 'at the club' when the start of the game (having ousted Xisco this summer whilst I could still get some money for him);

Fraser Forster - Substitute goalkeeper. Was first team keeper from 2011/12 to 2013/14. Stays sub as the aging Diego Cavieleri drops to 3rd choice with the signing of Chelsea's Matej Delac in the summer. Never left besides early loan spells.

Dan Gosling - Pretty much my starting right-back. Rarely plays in midfield anymore, if ever. Never left.

Kezenga LuaLua - Has developed into a tasty player. Pretty much a consistent first team player since 2013/14. Unfortunately picked up a long term injury last season and only played 6-games. Never left.

Mike Williamson - Has always played about 20-games a season. Had a run in the Championship where he scored 4-goals in 5-games. At 32, more of a squad player now. Onouha and Magri as started, Buijs generally on the bench. Never left.

Ryan Donaldson - Total utility player. Stats are a bit shit, but he actually does his job. Got a handful of goals when I was desperate for a striker in the championship. Now only plays in midfield and mostly saved for cup games. Mostly still only here because no fucker will sign him. Had a couple of loan spells.

Ben Arfa - Only signed him back this summer on a free transfer. Doubt he'll start much, his average ratings don't look to great. But he's cover for all of the midfield.

Actually, I forgot Vuckic too. I signed him when I was at Man City. Then signed him back for Newcastle in the summer of 15/16 for a fraction of the price. Generally plays at AML, bloody good.

Edited by YI

After my long Chelsea game I'm trying to find a new game I really enjoy. Tried Toulouse FC in France, they have a pretty talented team with the likes of Sissoko and Tabanou, but they got pissed very quickly 'cause I kept saying no to top clubs. Currently playing a game with FC Porto, the only other time I managed in Portugal was in FM09 with Boavista in the second league, which I stopped after I got NO money despite promoting the first season. I'm nearing January with Porto, but I have no money for new players anyway. I'm sure I'll win the league but in Europe I'll do pretty shit, because my best players keep getting injured + I have no good natural left back.

I'll continue with Porto. Depends on the amount of transfer money I get in the second season whether I can build Porto into a top European team or not. Otherwise I'll probably start a game in the Serie C or something, back to my beloved AC Monza. :wub:

Well after four draws in a row, the lase being 0-0 vs. Valerenga. Tromso over took us and are four points clear of us. Now we have to get back to winning.

This game loves doing this to me. In my last season at AFC Wimbledon (this is the same save as that, btw) we went from top of League Two to just about making the playoffs, and losing in the Play off semis.