Football Manager 2011

Dan

And that was against Siena of all teams. At least they scored. Bari lost 8-0 to Juventus. I thought Italian teams knew how to defend. :shifty:

Offered the Sunderland job. Told Quinn I'm not like Steve Bruce and wont be leaving Wigan for his side. Then I told him to fuck off and I threw poo at him.

Good lad.

• Like 1

One thing that annoys me.. Chelsea sack Van Gaal for leading them to a 6th place finish. Terrible league showing. Then Fergie retires. So they hire van Gaal. This is literally like... 6 days game time passing. Seriously? Stupid appointment.

One thing that annoys me.. Chelsea sack Van Gaal for leading them to a 6th place finish. Terrible league showing. Then Fergie retires. So they hire van Gaal. This is literally like... 6 days game time passing. Seriously? Stupid appointment.

Manager appointments in general are dumb in the game, any ex-player who retires ends up with a top job instantly.

Also I got trounced(me as Man United) by Atletico Madrid 4-1 at Old Trafford so I needed to beat them by a large amount at their ground to go into the Champions League semi-final.

I decided to go for broke and pushed the full-backs up and ditched Fletcher for the more attacking Anderson, Jose Enrique was moved over to right wing back with Bale on the left supporting Nani and Rooney whilst Macheda and Hernandez were the two strikers.

Hernandez got us an early goal before a Rooney screamer saw us 2-0 up in 13 minutes, I was going nuts as Rooney scored another but after that Atletico regained their composure and we just couldn't break through, towards the dying moments we got a corner and Phil Jones diving header crashed off the crossbar...the ball was cleared but Nani smashed it right back into the box and Jones stuck out a foot and diverted it in! :w00t: :w00t:

Finished my 2nd season at Newcastle. Won the League Cup and FA Cup double while finishing 2nd in the league behind the Arsenal nothing to be ashamed about there. It made it better considering Arsenal went 37 games unbeaten and lost 1-0 to Fulham on the final day. >_<

I'm pretty sure there should be a statue of Mike Ashley sucking me off put up outside St. James' Park at this stage considering I turned the club around with a small budget while reducing costs in the process. Couple that with the trasfer embargo put on me during Bill Kenwright's failed takeover bid, going over my head trying to sell Ben Arfa (who rejected Man Utd), he was proper annoying all season.

Ahmed Khalil and Macheda were dynamite up front too, not going to be able to keep Macheda but delighted with how aesome Khalil turned out.

newcastlej.jpg

Its a merry go round, Wenger left Arsenal for Real, now back at Arsenal after a brief sting out of management.

David Moyes is now Spurs manager and doing a bang on job of it.

Mike Phelan was seen as the natural replacement for one of the best managers these idles have ever produced... sour now cause he's on verge on sack.

man city manager... jose mourinho, after roberto mancini got the england job...

I'm in January 2014 to boot.

It's not even slightly a merry go round. It's Chelsea sacking a manager who did TERRIBLE and then United bringing him in. Merry go round would be Fergie retiring, them taking so and so from so and so, and then they take so and so and then so and so hire so and so.

Can somebody explain why winning 2 trophies and finishing runner-up in the Premier League causes my team to DROP 42 places in the European Coefficents below mediocre Championship teams Middlesborough (14th) and Ipswich (17th)?

Edited by The Cool One

I swear to fuck I want to stab someone on my team. In the last 3 games the morons have missed 7 one-on-ones, hit the woodwork 3 times and only managed to score 1 goal.

Is it Salomon Kalou?

...The real one, not the unnatural bundle of awesome inhabiting my game. :shifty:

So update on Wigan transfers... last season Boselli left for 10m to Blues. I then brought in Frazier Campbell, Michael Mancienne and Jamie O'Hara. We finished 9th again, which was okay. Two 9 place finishes made me and the board happy.

This pre-season Hitzlsperger and Jenas were released at the end of their contracts. Both had been steady but not great. And with O'Hara and Sandro I had better, younger, options in midfield. Fitz Hall also left, he was pure back up and had done a job for us a couple of times. Much obliged. David Carney left for 350k, we made a small profit on him and all he did was play 6 times and sit on the bench. I shipped McGregor off for 500k to relegated Blues (Boselli moved to Blackburn for 6.5m after they went down, lol Blues). That left me without a first choice goal keeper, but more on that in a minute.

Players joining my Wigan Revolution.. Marc Albrighton for 3.3m from Villa. Ben Foster from Blues for 2.9m - and thus hopefully giving me a number one keeper for many, many years. Craig Dawson for 1.7m, good centreback cover. Fabian Delph for the same amount (his late goal gave us an opening day win over Blackburn too). Josh McEachran on loan as cover and the final signing was Takayuki Morimoto for 5m. He'll make us more than that in merchandise in Japan... and hopefully he can bang in some goals.

That puts my starting line up as

Foster

Kyle Walker - Roger Johnson - Anton Ferdinand - Oscar Wednt

Nigel Reo-Coker

Sandro - Jamie OHara

Marc Albrighton - Charles NZogbia
Hugo Rodallega

or if I go 442, then a midfield of

Albrighton - Sandro or O'Hara - NRC - N'Zog

and a front two of Rodallega and Morimoto or Campbell.