MLB The Show

Cactus Drags

But the commentary is so bad as far as audio goes. I feel like I've heard every commentary line they have.

You haven't. The commentary expands and changes with every version, and when they add specific lines for specific players, it keeps getting bigger and bigger.

And if you want a gas, go into an exhibition game and start walking people intentionally back to back. After they go through that cycle, start plunking people. :D

But the commentary is so bad as far as audio goes. I feel like I've heard every commentary line they have.

You haven't. The commentary expands and changes with every version, and when they add specific lines for specific players, it keeps getting bigger and bigger.

And if you want a gas, go into an exhibition game and start walking people intentionally back to back. After they go through that cycle, start plunking people. :D

SDM, that hitting tutorial you put a few posts up did wonders. My 1B for Oakland's triple-A team(got called up to triple-A when a MLB player got hurt, and did so well they kept me) is consistently hitting at .350 to .400 and has almost 20 RBIs so far just in the first month or so. Dude is a beast now.

I don't actually play regular games, just RTTS, which may be responsible for my not hearing many new commentary lines.

When was the last version released/When is a new version being released?

Well, I got 09 from dvdboxoffice.com, but I wouldn't really recommend them. They've been great before for my friends, but it took I think 12 weeks in the end from original order to actually getting a copy, with orders mysteriously dropping, not been shipping despite the money going out of my account and little to no communication from their customer services. And when it did arrive, the box was battered. I found a few UK importers doing '10 for about $40, but I haven't bought it yet because it wasn't as well received (it's perhaps better now since it's been patched). Not sure if you're aware, but The Show is PS3 only (well, it's on PSP but it's a fiddly fucker to control), fortunately it's region-free. The only other option is the 2k series, which is apparently shite, and is also region-locked, or at least the 360 version is.

2k10 is fun if you only have an XBox 360, especially as a pitcher. My main problem was its equivalent to Road to the Show. My pitcher went from double-A to the majors in like two months, and skipped triple-A.

My Pittsburgh team is awful. We're 2-9 to open the season. My starting pitchers take most of the blame as the best pitcher I have, Zach Duke, is 1-0 with 1 no decision, and the rest are 0-2. :(

I actually just traded away some people to Pittsburgh to get Garrett Jones and Ryan Doumit. Now I have a good catcher and a potentially great first baseman. I also picked up Corey Hart from Milwaukee so I could move Bradley to the DH. My line-up, in general, is light on power but has a ton of speed. Here is my line-up.

1. Ichiro (RF)

2. Chone Figgins (2B)

3. Corey Hart (LF)

4. Garrett Jones (1B)

5. Milton Bradley (DH)

6. Ryan Doumit ©

7. Jose Lopez (3B)

8. Franklin Gutierrez (CF)

9. Jack Wilson (SS)

For lefties, the personal stay the same but the order changes. I play a lot of station-to-station ball, with a lot of singles, steals, and bunts for hits or sacrifices. I try to hit and run too. Only Jones and Bradley hit the ball hard on a frequent basis, but my defence is superb so I can afford to only score 3 or 4 in most games. I do need to add some better pitching. My bullpen is bad and after King Felix and Bedard, and I don't really have anyone of note.

My Pittsburgh team is pretty much out of the box, but I upgraded my second sacker with Luis Valbuena from the Indians and brought in Joel Zumaya as my set up man/closer in waiting. Zumaya has one of my wins and Valbuena is hitting above .300, which for that team is quite an accomplishment.

As someone who is only mildly a baseball fan (I follow Los Doyers (>_>), but I can't really stand to watch the game on TV. In person is another matter. Too slow.), and is pretty horrible at baseball games, is this a worthwhile pick-up? I'd play only franchise, so is it something that I'll want to play enough to get through a few seasons, or is it such a slog that I'm never going to do anything with it?

Last baseball game I had was like, '06, or something, for PS2. I can't even remember which one it is.

As someone who is only mildly a baseball fan (I follow Los Doyers (>_>), but I can't really stand to watch the game on TV. In person is another matter. Too slow.), and is pretty horrible at baseball games, is this a worthwhile pick-up? I'd play only franchise, so is it something that I'll want to play enough to get through a few seasons, or is it such a slog that I'm never going to do anything with it?

Last baseball game I had was like, '06, or something, for PS2. I can't even remember which one it is.

I think you'll enjoy it. Hitting can take some effort to get used to, but I find franchise to be fun. I usually play one or two games then sim a few. The season goes by quicker then you think. I've gone 4 seasons in with the Braves.

Sean, I think Zumaya is great. In my current Braves franchise in season three, Zumaya gets me out of any trouble I get into. I have the best bullpen in baseball because of him, Jeremy Affeldt, and my closer Jonathan Broxton.

I picked up Zumaya In my Mets 07 Hand after shipping out my closer (Wagner) in order to get Ichiro. My bullpen in that game is stacked now. I have four good middle relief men, Amiorex Burgos As a set up man (his splitter is sick) Then JoeL as my closer. The best part is that in cases where I want a three inning save, Andy Pettite(!!!) Is my long reliever.

I think you'll enjoy it. Hitting can take some effort to get used to, but I find franchise to be fun. I usually play one or two games then sim a few. The season goes by quicker then you think. I've gone 4 seasons in with the Braves.

Sean, I think Zumaya is great. In my current Braves franchise in season three, Zumaya gets me out of any trouble I get into. I have the best bullpen in baseball because of him, Jeremy Affeldt, and my closer Jonathan Broxton.

Another Braves fan :wub:

Another Braves fan :wub:

I live an hour north of Toronto, so the Blue Jays are my #1 team, but the Braves are definitely my second favourite. I watch them on Peachtree every now and then.