NBA Live 2005 - Topic

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Guest BacknBlackHoez

money_1.jpg

242787.jpg

The Freestyle Revolution goes airborne with NBA LIVE 2005. With Freestyle Air, take your game above the rim like never before with highlight-reel dunks, alley-oops, put-backs, tip-ins, and devastating shot-blocking abilities. Slam your way to the top or bust out sweet new Freestyle dribbling and post moves that give you even greater control on the hardwood.

While authentic player movements and improved floor spacing captured through 10-man Freestyle immerse you in the fast-paced action of the NBA, its the all-new NBA All-Star Weekend that puts your skills to the test against the leagues best. Under the bright lights and stimulating visuals of the NBAs showcase weekend, create gravity-defying, fully adjustable dunks in the Slam Dunk Contest, or step outside the arc and test your jump shot in the 3 Point Shootout. Add in a revamped Dynasty Mode"! and EA SPORTS Online, and NBA LIVE 2005 delivers the most authentic and comprehensive hoops simulation ever created.

Freestyle Air: The EA SPORTS Freestyle Control continues to revolutionize your ability to play simulation basketball and, now more than ever, its about expressing your game in flight with Freestyle Air. In addition to all-new dunks, alley-oops, and adjustable jump shots in mid-air, new user-controlled put-back and tip-in technologies reward players who box out, wipe the glass, and go back up for a quick bucket. On defense, take more control over shot blocking to own the paint.

NBA All-Star Weekend: Freestyle Air elevates NBA LIVE 2005 above the rim in the all-new NBA All-Star Weekend mode by allowing users to take complete control and create jaw-dropping, customized dunks in the Slam Dunk Contest. With thousands of unique dunk scenariosfrom bouncing the ball off the backboard, to jumping from the free throw line, to going between your legs in mid flightFreestyle Air lets you express your game on the court, and above it. Also featuring the 3 Point Shootout, the Rookie Challenge, and the NBA All-Star Game, All-Star Weekend is available as a stand-alone game mode as well as within Dynasty Mode.

Comprehensive Dynasty Mode: Be the architect of your own unstoppable dynasty, and watch your franchise flourish for 25 seasons. Jump into games with simulation intervention and use the customizable PDA to stay updated with important league news, team information, and other announcements. New free agency logic allows users to negotiate contracts and manage the salary cap using real dollars for the first time.

EA SPORTS Online: Now available for the PlayStation 2 console and on Xbox Live, EA SPORTS Online allows users to play online against opponents from anywhere in North America. An online lobby area allows gamers to meet, greet, chat, set up tournaments, download roster updates, and play head to head. Make it to the top, and then try to maintain your place as the best gamerany time, any place.

Announcers: No voice says NBA basketball like Marv Albert. Teamed with on-air TV partner Mike Fratello for 5-on-5 action, these two hoops veterans dish out the most authentic commentary available. In NBA All-Star Weekend mode, TNTs Ernie Johnson and Kenny Smith step up to the mic to bring their own unique flavor

looks good, I like the NBA all-star weekend stuff. So far it looks like they only did little things to improve the game outside of Freestyle Air.

The other thing I noticed about the cover is that they are now using the same background for every cover. The tile looking thing, I don't know if they did that last year with the games though.

Also Tony Parker will be on the French Cover and Pau Gasol will be on the Spain cover. Carmelo will only be on the North American ones.

They should of gotten Garnett, but that's just my opinion. Or one of the Pistons (Rip, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace). Perhaps even Jermaine O'Neal.

Edit: Was Garnett already on a past cover? I don't remember the history of the cover athletes for Live that well.

Edited by KeepinThatFunkAliveV4

Yes he has. It was on NBA live 2001

as memory serves me correct these are the people who have been on the cover for live

Mitch Richmond - Live 97

Tim Hardaway - Live 98

Antoine Walker - Live 99

Tim Duncan - Live 2000

Kevin Garnet - Live 2001

Steve Francis - Live 2002

Jason Kidd - live 2003

Vince Carter - Live 2004

looks good, I like the NBA all-star weekend stuff. So far it looks like they only did little things to improve the game outside of Freestyle Air.

The other thing I noticed about the cover is that they are now using the same background for every cover. The tile looking thing, I don't know if they did that last year with the games though.

Also Tony Parker will be on the French Cover and Pau Gasol will be on the Spain cover.  Carmelo will only be on the North American ones.

Yeah the return of the 3 pt shooting contest is a nice welcome for me. I mean..the last time I played that was in Live 98

The dunk thing? I just hope its not like the one 989 sports had in their NBA 1999(sorry I never played a later title of 989 sports NBA than that)

Sorry if I'm ignorant...whos ameachi? :(

Carmelo on the cover looks good. No complaints about it.

The dynasty mode being improved is great news for me. We have a revamped all star weekend, much more...its gonna be in the dynasty mode too! WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT :D

The background? Nah, Vince had a faded white background...

Also Tony Parker will be on the French Cover and Pau Gasol will be on the Spain cover.  Carmelo will only be on the North American ones.

Does that mean John Ameachi will be on the UK cover? :shifty:

Guest Hurricane

Finally. The biggest thing for me is using real money in dynasty mode, instead of those stupid points. I know it sounds kinda stupid, but I could not stand using those damned points.

Freestyle Air sounds pretty cool. I'm sure I'll have some fun with that.

All Star Weekend sounds great. I just hope Peja does win the 3-Point Shootout every season...

Finally. The biggest thing for me is using real money in dynasty mode, instead of those stupid points. I know it sounds kinda stupid, but I could not stand using those damned points.

Freestyle Air sounds pretty cool. I'm sure I'll have some fun with that.

All Star Weekend sounds great. I just hope Peja does win the 3-Point Shootout every season...

Personally this year, I think I'll be looking to ESPN NBA 2k5. Not only for the price alone either..I was highly dissappointed by 2004, and unless for this one..they kind of go back to the 2003 look/feel I doubt I'll be picking it up. 2004 for me...was like NBA JAM 04...with the cartoony looks, and the somewhat big heads and stuff.

I don't know which B-Ball game to pick up....Live was a very fun 2-player game last year, and I'm sure online play will be solid. But ESPN could be (a lot)cheaper and better.

I preferred the Sega basketball to EA's brand from NBA 2k up until last year. Never played ESPN's version last year.

Before I was such a fan of the NBA 2K series. From 2K1 - 2K3 on the Dreamcast and PS2, I often play it more than the live series.

But since the last 2K title was a bit bad for my taste(same graphics and all)...I opted to go to Live 2004. But yeah it is a good thing to mention. What would be a better sports game this coming NBA season?

Live 2005 or 2K5?