New Disturbed

Guest Jacob

Well the new Disturbed album was "released" last night. Anyone gave it a listen yet?

Innocence and Warrior are standouts but all in all its a fantastic album. Draiman is still one of the best vocalists out there today.

Not heard it yet, but will probably pick it up at some point. I know Metal Hammer gave it an 8/10 saying that whilst it retains what Disturbed generally sound like, they experiment a fair bit to generally good success.

Reviewed the album for Organized Remains, and I loved it to pieces. Bought it just on the strength of "

And they cover "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2!! That alone is worth the money.

And I guess "

along with "Another Way to Die" are going to be downloadable for Rock Band Edited by IDM

It's up on Spotify and I'm currently given it a listen, about 5/6 tracks through.

It's boring.

UPDATE: I've never heard a full Disturbed album before, but I have Down With a Sickness (natch) and a few off the 10,00 Fists album. This album sounds EXACTLY the same as those songs. There is no deviation from the mould. There are two songs on the new album I'd consider listening to again, the Crucified (IIRC) and the U2 cover. Again, one of their best songs is of a cover that you imagine they should never do, much in the same vain as the fucking awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6KXgjLqSTg.

My verdict: Not terrible but not enthralling by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by TheModernWay
  • Like 1

This album is gonna be a grower for me hopefully, I can see what Modern Way is saying. I really like Disturbed though and a couple of the songs on this album are awesome, going to see them in December alongside Papa Roach, Buckcherry and Halestorm which should be very good.

• Like 1