Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Holy shit, you can build a dock even if you aren't founded on the coast. I hope this means you can build ships if you aren't on the coast! This district lark has really made this game something else.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the most fun part of my England game: being the first guy who gets Frigates on an Islands map, it's like being handed an Invincible Star in Mario. Until the others catch up, no navy can touch you and cities' defence are flattened in moments. Glorious.

Yeah. The bugs or irritations I've found are relatively minor. Things like:

- The building/unit it says you've just completed in the City production screen is almost always wrong.

- You really need the ability to queue, or at least repeat, build orders. Because when it's the late game and you still have to reassign 'Commercial Hub Project' (or whatever) every 2 or 3 turns in all the many cities you have by that stage, it is a massive drag.

- Every time another Civ agrees to a Declaration of Friendship or even an Alliance with me, they seem guaranteed to be half of a Joint War declaration against me within five turns. Like, what the fuck.

...But these I can more than live with for now.

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Does the Civilopedia have a search? I can't seem to find it.

Yeah, top left. I'm slightly annoyed that you can't right click on a unit or a building in the city screen and have it bring up the CivPedia page about it.

• Like 1

Fuck America.

America is in every game I play. Usually right next door to me. They will repeatedly declare war on me (for whatever reason - I don't start my own wars so I'm not triggering Teddy's 'Big Stick Policy'). Eventually I have to take a city or two of theirs just for my own protection. Cue everyone else on the planet denouncing ME as a warmonger.

I bet this is how Putin feels. <_< 

I absolutely love the game. Currently Gilgamesh in a marathon game; the weird AI has 4 civs declare war on me (including Egypt on the turn I met them) without actually sending anything so I just took my time and slowly crushed them. A couple of ages later I am real far ahead of everyone simply because I have SO much land; but now everyone has just gone huge on military and one by one started declaring war on me; and are slowly pushing me back into my own borders.

It's really fun.

On 07/11/2016 at 11:26, Benji said:

Oh yeah, I forgot, the whole "every leader has their preferences" thing is one of my favourite changes to the game. I can't wait for them to release more leaders to make games even more varied.

They have two policies, don't they?

It does annoy me how Catherine de Medici's preference is for other civs with good espionage...and since spies aren't unlocked until the mid-game you're basically guaranteed for her to hate you from the start.

But then, that's typically French I suppose.

• Like 1

I didn't realise how good Great People are in this game. The Great Admiral from V was almost useless but this one let me move all units into any ocean tile! I've got galleys roaming around massive oceans, this is brilliant.