Civilization Thread!

Ruki

This will be something for me to pick up quite a while after release. That's not to say it won't be good, but I'm still happy with Civ V and I'm content to wait for the inevitable "Complete" edition a couple of years down the line, unless a really good deal pops up. I purchased Civ V for £2.35 about a month after its initial release thanks to a pricing error on Coolshop, and that's the sort of unforeseen set of circumstances that would sway me.

• Like 1

http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/5/11/11653620/civilization-6-release-date-preview

Some interesting tidbits about changes to city management and the tech tree in Civ VI.

...And the usual guff about making AI leaders better, but obviously that will never happen. :shifty: 

P.S. How the fuck has it been six years since Civ V was released?

10 hours ago, metalman said:

Nuit étoilée sur le Rhône is one of my favourites. Nice to see it.

Oh and they better not take stuff out then shove it back into an expansion like they did last time. That wasn't cool.

9 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm fully expecting them to do exactly that.

Nope...they said it will be in.  Some might not be as in depth to leave room for expansion though

In previous iterations of the series, certain systems were left out of the initial release, which were then added in through subsequent expansions. Beach told us, however, that all of the major systems — including espionage, religion, tourism, archaeology, and trade routes — will be in place at launch. He admits that some will be more fleshed out than others, still leaving room for later additions, but the basics will be there. Beach cited his team’s experience on Civ V’s expansions as ideal preparation for tackling the core game’s entirety.

I still need Ruki! But I also need Stok :wub:

I'm excited to see what they're going to bring to the table in terms of varying games. They're entirely right in that most people play most early games the exact same way. I hope something like chance incidents is brought in that randomly messes with, or helps, your Civ.

• Like 1

I especially love the introduction of logic like "Since the dawn of time your civilisation has existed in a desert wasteland so no of course you can't suddenly master sailing and shit".

• Like 3

My emotions are a convergence of "HOLY SHIT I WANT IT RIGHT AWAY" and "If I wait 2 years I'll get the game plus all DLC and expansions for like $25".

I love the idea I can build my city 4 blocks inland and still set up a harbor and everything. No more going "This is going to be a defensive city" when I can possibly make them all defensive.

• Like 3