Civilization Thread!

Ruki

I definitely played Civ IV primarily up until Brave New World hit for Civ V. They basically did the same thing with Beyond Earth, I had a blast with that on my first few playthroughs and then realized I had done everything that could be done. It's pretty normal these days though, why get $50 for a game when you get $100 for a game plus expansions and then eventually package them all together as a complete game for $50.

On 1/4/2016 at 05:12, Mad Jack Frost said:

Shoshone are definitely the More! civ in this. More movement! More territory! More options when visiting ruin!

I love the Shoshone because I hate the weird random algorithm that defines how cities claim new tiles.

"Wow I'd really like that hill there because my city needs production can I get that?"
"LOLNOPE ENJOY EMPTY PLAIN NUMBER ELEVENTY BILLION"

• Like 1

Since I'm a) not especially good at Civ, and b) idly striking off Civ V Steam achievements that I haven't got already (though there are bloody hundreds and some are just loopy so it's never going to get near completion), I've been trying to come up with a heavily-rigged game setup that would actually give me a fighting chance of winning on Immortal difficulty.

Best I've come up with so far is: map size big enough for at least 6 Civs, but all removed except for me and my one opponent, Venice. All city states removed as well. Expand my Civ at my own leisure and then...well, basically (and if possible, literally) nuke the fucker. :shifty: 

It's shameless, I know. There's always the chance that achievements might actually get invalidated somehow if I rig the setup like this, but I suppose I can just try it and find out.

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

If you want to be incredibly cheap.

Be Shoshone, one opponent, make it Venice, win based on points only with one turn for the game limit, build city, next turn. Venice can't build a second city so unless I'm forgetting something, you should win purely based on territory.

You bastard

• Like 1

The AIs always cheat in Civ.  They don't have to worry about gold at all for one thing

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 13:34, Benji said:

If you want to be incredibly cheap.

Be Shoshone, one opponent, make it Venice, win based on points only with one turn for the game limit, build city, next turn. Venice can't build a second city so unless I'm forgetting something, you should win purely based on territory.

TN. :/