Civilization Thread!

Ruki

I did like the Civ Rev thing of joining three units together to firm a fighter wing or tank battalion

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm having something done to my arm next week that will stop me from using one hand for a few days, and since I spent my down time playing games, I can't really play anything intensive whilst resting up, so I figured I'd play Civ for the first time in a while. I think I might finally step up my difficulty and re-use a Civ, contemplating going with Venice as they were so much fun.

2 hours ago, Benji The Friendly Ghost said:

So I'm having something done to my arm next week that will stop me from using one hand for a few days, and since I spent my down time playing games, I can't really play anything intensive whilst resting up, so I figured I'd play Civ for the first time in a while. I think I might finally step up my difficulty and re-use a Civ, contemplating going with Venice as they were so much fun.

Need a hand? >_>

• 1 month later...

Had probably my favorite ever game yesterday. I was Japan and went with Freedom, and I was raking in lots of gold but was a distant third to Morocco and the Ottomans. I survived a sneak attack on my capital by Morocco by using a Great Artist for culture to get the foreign legion to buy me enough time to build a counter attack and cripple them. While fending that off, I got attacked on my other front by the Ottomans, and their 10-15 rocket artillery (I was sort of prepared on this side, but still outnumbered by what looked like 25-30 on his end and 12 on mine, and outteched). He was far from my capital though, so I was able to break a small force away from my defenses and slip into the other side of his territory and liberate a city from Babylon who the Ottomans had eliminated with the help of some Bombers I quickly bought. This was three turns before the first World Leader vote in Congress and gave me enough votes for the Diplomatic victory, which is usually a huge disappointment but this time felt like I had actually accomplished something.