Civilization Thread!

Ruki

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alex be like "yeah man i'ma set the world religion to catholicism and that oughta really piss off you zoroastrians in babylon" and Isabella be like "HELLS YES CATHOLICISM IS THE GREETEST, I'MA PUT IT IN ALL OF YOUR CITIES NEBUCHADNEZZAR, WHAT NOW HUH?" and Alex be all "NO DAMMIT ISABELLA WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING" and that's how I won.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got a win on my first game with normal difficulty. Did the contact victory (the beacon one), and then for my second game I went a difficulty level up and was going for a Purity victory but I was beaten to the punch when someone else activated a mind flower before I could start on the emancipation gate(?).

I'm enjoying it, but I need a bit more practise before I can do the more upper difficulties I think...

One review I read says the game feels more like itb should've been an expansion for Civ V then a new game

One review I read says the game feels more like itb should've been an expansion for Civ V then a new game

Ehhh, yes and no. It's clearly a testing ground for ideas that may be implemented in Civ 6 and it's blatantly based strongly on Civ 5, but it's different enough that I feel okay have paid £30 for it. I'd say if you've not played nearly 400 hours of Civ 5 like I have then you'll find it makes for a new and fun challenge, but if you've got plenty more to invest in Civ 5 (which I do too, but after 400 hours it does get a bit samey) then I'd hold off for a sale.

I do love the quest stuff, it makes for something really interesting and will make every Civ unique, and it's great to see spies once again becoming an interesting mechanic. On the flip side, the tech web could do with a bit more organisation, or at least giving you a list of next available techs like Civ 5 does rather than forcing you into the web.

• Like 1