Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Is there a mod that gives America the "this is America, if you don't like it you can geeeeet out!" Thing from south park?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for a new challenge in Civ V from a nation perspective. I've done Polynesia, Austria, Venice, and Russia most recently.

Any suggestions if I'm looking for a different and/or more challenging play through?

Spain, they're not very good, but if you find natural wonders first then in the early game you can steam roll. Add to that the Conquistador's unique ability to scout and form new cities on continents where the capital isn't, and they can be way fun on a terra map.

Might give Spain a go. It was either that, or trying Rome or England (on a sea map, just for the lolz).

I quite liked playing as the... which one is it that has scouts who can choose what you find in ruins? Hiawatha?

The Shoshone aren't too bad; being able to cherry pick the goody huts is nice, and the extra land when a city is founded is a pretty nice boost as well.

Siam can become overpowered if you get your economy going strong and you start bribing the city-states.

But then...

Poland.

Poland is incredibly powerful with their ability; it amounts to essentially a free policy tree.

• 2 weeks later...

Alexander is so fun to play as. I chose Islam as a religion and became a religious juggernaut, which I used to increase my relations with city state. I had no military units at all, only had three cities, and was allied with all but 2 of the city states. When the UN was formed, I required 50 votes to be elected World Leader and I had 75 votes. By this point, Islam was the World Religion, I had 7000 dollars in the bank and the vast majority of the city states were Islamic.