Minecraft!

Sousa

Using the items you've listed, my stats are as follows on my main world (The one my child hasn't raped)

Cactus: 36

Pumpkin: 63

Clay: 800

Reed: 144

Gold Ore: 40787

Iron Ore: 396769

Coal Ore: 844972

Diamond Ore: 16656

Needless to say, I may have ventured a little bit further than you guys.

Interestingly, there is over 200 chests. I have about 30 in my base/mine shaft so that leaves 170+ in Dungeons to find...

I started a new world for a comparison...

Cactus: 3

Pumpkin: 1

Clay: 0

Reed: 21

Gold Ore: 2995

Iron Ore: 29762

Coal Ore: 72160

Diamond Ore: 1232

It definitely pays to travel.

I should probably continue on with my "Sousa-Like" mission and load up World Attempt 4!

Edited by Rocky Feller

Friendly mobs spawn on grassy tiles when light is above a certain level, which means--yes--they can appear in enclosed spaces. Hostile mobs are only affected by light, so as long as your base is lit up, you should be good. If you want it to stop, replace your dirt with something else like stone.

Digging a few feet beneath the surface of my ground base to find the richest and largest cave I think I've ever seen? Awesome.

Having to dig myself a way out? Less awesome.

EDIT: I've just spent an hour exploring the massive system of caves I've found.

Best part? I'm not even half done. Thank god for underwater lava systems. I've found 43 Iron, 100+ Coal, 8 Gold and 2 Lapis whatever it is. The blue stuff. Still no sign of diamond, but I have run into 3 creepers, a Zombie and a Spider-Jockey.

I still haven't come across a spider-jockey, but I do believe on killed me by a Spider Dungeon once. Or it was a rogue Skeleton.

One thing I've kind of learnt with finding Diamond is digging withing a couple of blocks of a lava pool might find you some.

I'd often dig a few paths around pools.

Having learnt my lesson about heading into darkness blind (Especially deep holes) is sending a bucket of lava down first lights it up and cleans out the mobs.

I also send water over lava to make an obsidian/cobblestone path through the depths not usually accessible (Mainly to get diamond just above Lava.

Ah, yes. I always just assumed that was some kind of formatting notepad document and it didn't mean anything.

Also, fuck off:

Cactus: 0

Pumpkin: 19

Clay: 71

Reed: 3

Gold Ore: 15336

Iron Ore: 149200

Coal Ore: 323965

Diamond Ore: 6341

NO CACTI!? 3 REEDS!? WHAT THE FUCK, MINECRAFT!?

All that's telling you is to explore more noob. Find a desert biome and your cactus supplies will skyrocket.

Reeds will come from island biomes and whatnot. And as Sousa said you only need one, then go from there and they can multiply like crazy.

I ended up running across a fair few more reeds. Took me about an hour to finally find the world's smallest desert biome though and the cacti. Didn't help that I was going in the wrong direction to where I thought the cacti were, of course. I managed to find three dungeons on the way though which was quite handy.

For Minecraft development, we’re working on the new file format, and a new game launcher. The file format is still in early testing, but it’s looking somewhat promising, except for it taking up a bit too much space. It’s faster, though.

The new Launcher will be a bit prettier, will show release notes and other news, will send login requests over https (finally), and will ask if the user wants to update to the latest version or not. In the future, we’ll add support for playing the previous installed version (after warning the player that there might be unexpected bugs) and the ability to choose what work directly to save the level files, but that’s not coming in this version.

You people have converted me to the dark side. Just downloaded a copy for Mac, planning to purchase the full version soon as I can. This game has been everywhere lately and I've been getting more and more interested in it, so chances are I'll be mining away soon enough.

You people have converted me to the dark side. Just downloaded a copy for Mac, planning to purchase the full version soon as I can. This game has been everywhere lately and I've been getting more and more interested in it, so chances are I'll be mining away soon enough.

Heed my warning....

MinecraftCreeper.png

I started up a new game on Minecraft. I have a little look around and this seems like a good place to start. I start to collect some wood and I notice something in the corner of the screen...

fire2vh.png

The trees are on fire?

fire4o.png

THE TREES ARE ON FIRE!

EDIT: Sorry about the big images, I've put them in spoilers.

Edited by Ben E.