Pokéfest 2010

Benji

Nicknamed my Charmander; it's new name is Burnatrix, (I believe Sousa was the first to call me this) so um yeah. My rival (who I named admwest) of course chose Squirtle. The dude tried to tail whip his way to victory, but I was like um burnatrix you has claws so scratch him to death. Burnatrix won easily and now I gotta go to viridian to start my adventure or something.

Playing as FireRed with my naming my Pokemon after players on my favorite sports teams, either past or present. Just beat Brock, I'm loving the fact that Charmander isn't completely worthless against him thanks to metal claw. Anyway, here's my current line-up.

Rose - Male Charmander - level 14

Gould - Female Butterfree - level 11

Longley - Male Pidgey - level 6

Johnson - Male Mankey - level 7

Jay - Female Pikachu - level 8

Maynard - Male Beedrill - level 10

Just finished up through viridian. Planning on taking on Brock here soon.

Here's my current roster:

Burnatrix - level 13 Charmander

Joltsax - level 10 Pikachu

Butters - level 12 Butterfree

Hellpeck - level 9 Spearow

The plan is for Butters' confusion attack to lay waste to Geodude and Onix. But yeah I'm at a real disadvantage if Butters faints in the battle.

Beat Brock, Had to stall for time for Weedles poison sting to work it's magic after Charmader failed to Metal Claw his way to victory, Lucky that Onix likes to use bind alot

Charmander - Lv13

Pidgey - Lv10

Kakuna - lv7

Pikachu - Lv6

Mankey - Lv4

Rattata - Lv4

Looking to build up Charmander, Pidgey, Pikachu and Mankey for now.

Fire/Flying/Electric/Fighting - Although plans are going to change once I progress further.

OK, so screwed up my save last night on the Emulator, and had to play through again, and just beat Brock. Again.

My Pokemon are:

Mankey lvl 9

Pikachu lvl 10

TEOL (Pidgey) lvl 8

Nidoran lvl 13

Benji (Metapod) lvl 9

I'm thinking I'll start changing any new Pokemon I get into EWB players names :)

Johnson - Male Mankey - level 7

You took your furious male monkey and named it after a penis?

Named after current Chicago Bulls player James Johnson, a black belt kickboxer. Though I'm sure there's a beating off joke in there somewhere also.

Beat Brock, Had to stall for time for Weedles poison sting to work it's magic after Charmader failed to Metal Claw his way to victory, Lucky that Onix likes to use bind alot

Charmander - Lv13

Pidgey - Lv10

Kakuna - lv7

Pikachu - Lv6

Mankey - Lv4

Rattata - Lv4

Fire/Flying/Electric/Fighting - Although plans are going to change once I progress further.

With a Mankey on your team you managed to be forced to rely on poison damage to beat Onix?

Amateur.

• Like 1

Beat Brock decided to start off with Spearow just to wittle away maybe 1/15 of geodudes health before I went to Butterfree. Spearow did better than I expected, I started with Leer to lower Geo's defense. Geodudes tackle missed, my peck attack got a crit. And yeah! Eventually Spearow fainted but managed to chip somewhere between 1/4 and 1/5 of Geodudes health. Then Butterfree came in and confusioned Geodude to exhaustion.

Next came Onix, luckily Butterfrees confusion attack confused Onix on the first try. Between Onux hitting himself, using Bide a lot and getting nailed with confusion blasts the battle was easy. Got a Boulder Badge and TM 34 which contains Bide. Doubt I'll use it. I think the only pokemon I have that could do anything with it would be Charmander

Can't find the Pokemon gym in my town, so I instead went to the YMCA. There was a pool there, so I guess it's a water-themed gym. I stood there brandishing Truffle and demanding that people fight her, but I guess they were scared because I got thrown out. Officer Jenny gave me a pink piece of paper warning me not to come back, which I'm going to assume counts as getting the Cascade Badge! Whoooo, I broke sequence!

My team so far:

Truffle, Lvl. 13 mixed terrier

Ruki, Lvl. 11 fat little chipmunk

THRILLHO, Lvl. 9 weird dead bird thing I found on the curb

Marcel, Lvl. 8 Mr. Mime (actually a real mime whom I'm paying to fight people's pets)

• Like 15

I've made it to the S.S. Anne, still trying to decide on which pokemon I want in my team for an extended amount of time.

Butterfree - 17

Pidgetto - 19

Charmander - 25

Mankey - 16

Pikachu - 21

Gloom - 21

Right now I'm wanting to replace Gloom, Pidgetto, and possibly Butterfree though I do like the idea of the status effects Butterfree can provide. Oh, and Mankey will be going eventually I'm sure, I just like holding onto him for a little while for some reason.

Charmander - Lv13

Pidgey - Lv10

Kakuna - lv7

Pikachu - Lv6

Mankey - Lv4

Rattata - Lv4

With a Mankey on your team you managed to be forced to rely on poison damage to beat Onix?

Amateur.

To be fair it was a Level 4 Mankey, He's good but he's not THAT good.