Final Fantasy-fest 2010/11

hugobomb

Like the Pokemon fest going going right now, the idea is simple. Everyone chooses a Final Fantasy and completes the hell out of it, then takes on another and another and another and so on and so forth. First to complete the entire series from 1-14 gets modded*

I'll be taking on VII to start with. Nostalgia filters to maximum! Decision to dig my heels in over the Aeris/Aerith name issue (it's Aeris dangit :angry: )? Taken!

*This includes both 11 and 14, so good luck with that :pervert:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, in the opening cut scene, why is Aeris checking out a broken power conduit? The thing is spitting sparks yet the girl is crouched in front of it for no apparent reason.

Also, yay Jessie, Biggs and Wedge! Let the short lived romanace between Cloud and Jessie start to build.

I have FF7 and FF8 saves like, ludicrously late on in the narrative, that I keep meaning to go back to from about six weeks ago but can't find the time to. FF7 sees me halfway through the 'parachute jump into Midgar/zOMG SISTER RAY!' mission, FF8 sees me aimlessly wandering around the Island Closest to Hell trying to get respectable levels with the people in the party who aren't named Squall, Zell and Selphie. Damn you, Quistis, I will reach level 100 with you this time.

I don't want to restart either of them as it stands, and jumping in less than 10 hours before the end of the game doesn't seem in the spirit of this. I might dust off FF6 at some point this week, because I'm retro like that.

Well, I already started FFXIII the other day for a second time (this time using the guide), so I'm in. I'll probably restart one of the old games too, as I've got all I thru' IX on portable consoles, thinking about VI since it's my most criminally underplayed, but the lure of IX or VII might be too much (even though I've completed both more times than I can actually count).

Oh and Hugo; she's crouched in front of it because it is using mako energy, IE the lifestream, she can sense the planet's pain. The bigger question is - why is a innocent girl who can barely defend herself crouching down in an alley in one of Midgar's slums?

I'm definitly in for this, fuck recent games. I don't know which to go for though... I have I, II, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and XII to choose from.

Actually I won't go with I cos I did that and finished it on the playthrough last time. Probably go with one of the PS1 games, thinkinh VII if there's a few others going with that too.

Well, I already started FFXIII the other day for a second time (this time using the guide), so I'm in. I'll probably restart one of the old games too, as I've got all I thru' IX on portable consoles, thinking about VI since it's my most criminally underplayed, but the lure of IX or VII might be too much (even though I've completed both more times than I can actually count).

Oh and Hugo; she's crouched in front of it because it is using mako energy, IE the lifestream, she can sense the planet's pain. The bigger question is - why is a innocent girl who can barely defend herself crouching down in an alley in one of Midgar's slums?

Given that she immediatly whores herself out to Cloud for protection the instant she meets him, the 'innocent' part of that might be a bit of a stretch.

On a seperate subject, I like how the Shinra cops completely ignore all of AVALANCE in the escape from the first reactor we blow up and all go after Cloud. Given that he's a deserter from SOLDIER (and the experiements done to him) it makes a lot of sense that they would make capturing him their top priority over a bunch of terrorists.