EWB's Favorite Simpsons Episodes - Voting Thread!

Sousa

10) Homie the Clown

"You people have stood in my way long enough! I'm going to clown college!"

Ah, once I remembered that line I felt bad about leaving that episode off. "Well, I don't think any of us expected him to say that."

EDIT:

clowns.jpg

Edited by Apollo

This is going to be tough. I'm going to do this by how much I loved the episode first time around, although I can't name a single episode that's aged badly to be honest.

1. Marge Vs. The Monorail (4)

2. A Star Is Burns (6)

3. Itchy & Scratchy & Marge (2)

4. Homer's Enemy (8)

5. The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show (8)

6. Last Exit to Springfield (4)

7. You Only Move Twice (8)

8. Trilogy of Error (12)

9. Bart Gets An Elephant (5)

10. Cape Feare (5)

The other episodes considered:

Kamp Krusty (4)

Homer The Great (6)

Lemon of Troy (6)

22 Short Films About Springfield (7)

Homerpalooza (7)

The Principal and the Pauper (9) - Before you ask: the sheer balls of the writers to do such an episode, that it's based off a true story, and is really funny made me consider this.

Girly Edition (9)

Bart The Mother (10)

Tennis The Menace (12)

10) 22 Short Films About Springfield

9) Bart of Darkness

8) Homer vs. the 18th Amendment ('Dateline: Springfield. The elusive beer baron continues to thumb his nose at the authorities. Swaggering about in a garish new hat, he seemed to say "Look at me, Rex Banner! I have a new hat!"')

7) Homer's Barbershop Quartet ('No talking like a grizzled 1890s prospector...consarn it.'

6) Radio Bart ('That's all I can stand, I can't stands no more, I'm going to get you out of there myself!')

5) Homer's Enemy

4) The PTA Disbands ('In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!')

3) Homer the Heretic ('And what if we picked the wrong religion? Every day we're just making God madder and madder.')

2) El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer ('Hi Homer! Find your soul mate!')

1) You Only Move Twice

EDIT: Actually, I'm reading the TV Tropes page and realising the PTA Disbands has a LOT of good jokes purple monkey dishwasher. Consider yourself promoted!

The Principal and the Pauper (9) - Before you ask: the sheer balls of the writers to do such an episode, that it's based off a true story, and is really funny made me consider this.

That one really should have been on my honorable mentions. It's so much better than it gets credit for. Do yourself a favor and watch this episode with the DVD commentary sometime.

Another I should have had on my honorable mentions list? The Last Temptation of Krust. "Top of the line in utility sports, unexplained fires are a matter for the courts! CANYONERO!"

Even though I've barely seen any Simpsons episode that's been made this century, this is still really difficult and I've had to come to peace with the fact that a lot of awesome episodes (Lisa's First Word, Hellfish, Cape Feare etc. etc.) didn't make the list.

10. "The Homer They Fall" (Season 8)

"Ah, that's the barbed wire. We, uh, we called that the stinger. They, they don't let you use that no more."

9. "I Love Lisa" (Season 4)

"You can actually pinpoint the second when his heart rips in half."

8. "Marge vs. the Monorail" (Season 4)

"I call the big one Bitey."

7."Rosebud" (Season 5)

"Homer Simpson, report for much worse duty."

6. "Homer The Great" (Season 6)

"Why won't those stupid idiots let me into their crappy club for jerks?"

5. "Radioactive Man" (Season 7)

"My eyes, the goggles do nothing!"

4. "Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire" (Season 1)

"I'm Bart Simpson, who the hell are you?"

3. "Girly Edition" (Season 9)

"They call her the cat lady, people say she's crazy just because she has a few-dozen cats. But can anyone who loves animals that much really be crazy?"

*cue throwing cats*

2. Black Widower" (Season 3)

"Ah, Mr. Simpson, you're forgetting the first two noble truths of the Buddha."

"I am not!"

1. "The Springfield Files" (Season 8)

"I bring you love."

"It's bringing love, don't let it get away!"

"Break its legs!"

Joe Banks, 82 years young, has come to this pond everyday for the past 17 years to feed the ducks. But last month Joe made a discovery: the ducks were gone. Some say the ducks went to Canada, others say Toronto. And some people think Joe used to sit down there near those ducks. But it could be that there's just no room, in this modern world, for an old man and his ducks.

• 2 weeks later...

That one really should have been on my honorable mentions. It's so much better than it gets credit for. Do yourself a favor and watch this episode with the DVD commentary sometime.

Another I should have had on my honorable mentions list? The Last Temptation of Krust. "Top of the line in utility sports, unexplained fires are a matter for the courts! CANYONERO!"

I should have responded to this sooner. I still quote that episode. "They drove a dumptruck full of money up to my house!! I'm not made of stone!!"