Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

probablyoliver

Finished the story this morning. Wonderful, wonderful. Massive fucking spoilers AHOY!

Minerva is a dick. Although this makes III waaaaay more interesting. I mean, I presume Lucy is full-on dead, so what the fuck are Shaun and Rebecca going to say? I hope they don't cop-out and just forgive Desmond because it was the apples fault. But yeah, seriously, what the fuck happens now?

I don't think Lucy is dead. The hints I got from The Clusters and the like seem to indicate she was sacrificed for a big reason. I think she's either a) Eve or b) going to be in Desmond's Animus next game.

Plus, 'The Miracle is In The Execution' makes a LOT more sense when you've finished the game XD

still, badass ending. Bring on ACIII!

• 2 weeks later...

From someone who has never played an AC game before, the online mode is a breathe of fresh air from the FPS games I have done online, and the way they took the premise of the entire game and utilized it in a multiplayer fashion was done quite well.

It is extremely fun trying to go after a certain target without knowing which one is the real one, and using the different abilities the game gives you. The only thing I would fault the game on as far as online goes is how long it can take to find a match, and for a match to actually start once you get enough people. Once you get into a game, though, it can be quite fun and worth it.

Edited by Vitamin E

After stokerina got this for Christmas...and giving her a little while to get comfortably ahead, I've recently been slowly playing through it (during the brief moments I am able when she isn't :shifty:). Currently on Sequence 3 where I've done the Courtesan mission but not the Mercs or Thieves because I've been pissing about instead.

I actually enjoy the random nonsense far, far more than actual 'memory' missions (e.g. taking out towers, renovating the city, getting up viewpoints, finding treasure, doing shop quests, doing the Guild tasks like 'Posion X number of Guards', etc. etc.). This was how I felt about GTA games I got into (most notably Vice City), but they were more limited in random stuff to do.

Basically, at this stage I'm only doing the memory missions when I run out of accessable map in order to try and open them up. ;) I HATE YOU, WHITE WALL OF DE-SYNC.

Multiplayer mode IS good - though I've only played the solo and the hunter/hunted mode. Solo is great as it builds a real level of suspicion as you wander around. Making up the crowd purely from the selectable characters is great - anyone could be hunting you.

The hunter/hunted mode isn't so good with fewer players though. At one point due to people logging off it was 4 of us hunting 2 others so it just became everyone running to get to the target first and then running back to the other one and then back again.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I think I've worked out about the Cluster puzzles and the ending of the game: *MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD*

Well, Subject 16 says that It's far later than you think and that "she is not who you think". Which makes me too believe that Lucy is a Templar and that's why Desmond kills her in the end. Plus, 16 says that the key is Eve's DNA or something like that. Well, the Glyph puzzles in AC II had Adam and Eve running through what looked like a factory and finishing with the two possibly being attacked.

When 16 says it's too late to save them, well all I could get from that was Rebecca and Shaun. Not positive there.

Then, at the very end, 16 says "Son/sun" and "Your Son". Desmond may be 16's son? Perhaps. Plus, the sun, depending on what way you spell it, could have something to do with it. With more research I found that Minvera talks about the sun at the end of AC II, "Once worshipped, now ignored".

In Eden, find Eve. That's what's mixing me up. Although, Lucy may be Eve.

Plus, why Juno and Minerva? What have they got to do with it? Are they some kind of extinct race? Because I do remember there being moments where they talk about an old race, and the sixth sense.

Finally, Lucy says on final mission that the date is October 10th, 72 days from that is December 21st 2012. I think Desmond may stop the Apocalypse in 2012, or the series will end at AC3. Have they announced how many more games they are going to make? If so, there will be great hints.

I fucking love these games

Of course, the morse code for the XBOX achievement for solving subject 16's puzzles reads, "I AM ALIVE". Which is definitely interesting.

Hmm... definitely going to go back and play more of the game. Hidden crap, here I come!

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone still playing this? I just finished main storyline in ACII a few minutes ago - is this something I should immediately jump into now? I have few things I want to finish on ACII (feathers, treasures, tombs I missed) but other than that I'm done with the memory syncs. Will jumping into Brotherhood feel as if I didn't miss a beat storyline wise?

I never played much of AC2 and playing ACB is fine. You're unlikely to miss anything.

Besides, yet more feathers/treasures/etc. await you... :shifty:

Technically I am still playing this, but I tend to get only a couple of hours in on weekends since most evenings the TV is reserved for actual TV (while I play FM11 on the laptop...). I believe I'm in the midst of Leonardo's war machines, having only done one of them thus far.

You can replay any mission by going to the Pause Menu > DNA > Find the appropriate sequence/side mission/etc. This is also how you can get 100% synch on missions that you may have only got 50% the first time round (by not doing the special requirement). I don't see any reason why flags you pick up in them won't count.

Been meaning to get this for ages - finally got it yesterday. I'd wanted it so long because I'm a sucker for any open-world game set in the past, and I can't wait to get stuck into it. I've played Assassin's Creed I but missed out on the second game. Is this likely to affect my enjoyment/understanding of the story at all?