Misfits

The Mask of Norro

MisfitsIntertitle.png

Anyone else following this series? Lorina got me into it and I've pretty much been hooked since the first episode. It's funny as hell, it's an excellent mix of different television genres all-around, and I was surprised to note that it wasn't being talked about all that much around here. Definitely my favorite live-action series at the moment though, I'm only partway through Season Two at the moment but I've loved every episode thus far. Speaking of, the episodes are roughly 40 some minutes long, and damn do they pack a lot of content into one.

If you haven't gotten into the series, I'd strongly recommend giving it a try. I'd explain what it's about, but I was pretty much brought into the first episode blind and not knowing what to expect, and pretty much enjoyed it more because of it. It's a UK Television series though so you may need to do some digging to try and watch it, but it's well worth it (Y)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I love it. Easily the best British telvision show that airs. It's pretty big amongst teenagers and Nathan is fucking hilarious. I mean, he's so loveable but so, so funny. Nathan and Simon are my top two favourites.

Season Two Spoiler

One of my only problems with the show was that they were dishing out pretty crap powers for the 'monster of the week', so to speak. But I loved how they adressed that with the Lacto-Kenisis guy

Oh Norro, you've got a lot to look forward to. So psyched for Season 3, but I can't bare to wait another year.

Nathan and Simon are my favorites as well. Right now I'm waiting to watch Episode 5 of Season 2, going out to a friends for the day but when we get back Lorina and I are probably going to watch it. She's already finished Season 2-- like I said she's the one that got me into it-- but through her second viewing of them she's picking up things I guess she didn't the first time through.

Nathan's power is so damn appropriate. I've also noticed though that the intro spells out everyone's powers except for his. When we see Nathan walk past, the shadow of a wolf follows after him. With Simon, his shadow disappears as he passes a pillar. Curtis is running and when he looks back, his shadow starts going backwards. Kelly's got these wavelengths that flow into her head, Alisha's got wavelengths that flow from her body. They all connect except for Nathan's, and I'm trying to figure out what that's about. Like, after I found out his power I thought it just represented death chasing after him but never catching him, but then it could also mean he's just a lone wolf (which would be weird, considering the significance of everyone else's shadows), but I really don't know.

Oh and one last thing: time-traveling Simon is fucking phenomenal. I don't know how the hell he got there but damn was he great while he lasted.

Somewhat petty end-of-season-2 continuity complaint. :shifty:

Okay, so Milk Boy goes on a killing spree. During this time, Simon finds out about Future Simon's former lair, and that he's supposed to become all badass and end up with Alisha and all that stuff. Then, once everybody else is dead, Curtis travels back in time to before all that happened and they deal with Milk Boy.

Simon should remember fuck all of any of that, since time has been undone and all, and yet he clearly does, and he's all busy trying to become the roof-leaping hoodie vig and such.

What the fuck?

All that aside, a good show that Nathan carries 80% of.

Yeah I gotta say this has easily become one of my favourite tv shows to watch as well and it's all thanks to Nathan... He's awesome... "Barry" aka Simon is the next best character... The only problem I had with this was Alisha's power, like seriously WTF can you do with a power that retarded...

The only problem I had with this was Alisha's power, like seriously WTF can you do with a power that retarded...

True enough, although she'll get a new power in season 3 which is hopefully less ridiculous. Her original power was simply a method to change/improve her character (by effectively forbidding physical relationships), but never had much leeway after that.

Otherwise, Curtis will apparently take the time ability back to try and save his girl, although God help us if he doesn't learn how to use it better at some point. At the moment he just flaps uselessly until an episode requires a reset button. Also, Simon should technically have something like an anti-power ability or something, since Future Simon was immune to Alisha's sex ability (when she still had it), but that's another continuity matter they may or may not adhere to. Dunno about the others.

yeah I'm hoping that they do show some continuity with season 3. I'm assuming that Simon won't be invisible anymore as we never really got to see wether the future Simon was or wasn't, I just assumed he wasn't able to go invisible anymore. Alisha and Curtis should be the only two that get a new power, I'd think that Nathan and the ugly chick will keep thier powers whilst the guy said that Curtis couldn't get his time travel power back, unless they'll find a way to get it back next season.

Somewhat petty end-of-season-2 continuity complaint. :shifty:

Okay, so Milk Boy goes on a killing spree. During this time, Simon finds out about Future Simon's former lair, and that he's supposed to become all badass and end up with Alisha and all that stuff. Then, once everybody else is dead, Curtis travels back in time to before all that happened and they deal with Milk Boy.

Simon should remember fuck all of any of that, since time has been undone and all, and yet he clearly does, and he's all busy trying to become the roof-leaping hoodie vig and such.

What the fuck?

All that aside, a good show that Nathan carries 80% of.

Glad I'm not the only one who picked that up! I think we're meant to assume Alisha told him or something. I don't know, I didn't get that bit. But I was kind of willing to overlook it because the rest of the episode was brilliant.

Thinking about it, it makes sense. Up until the Milk Boy thing she'd been acting weird with him and all. Was bound to happen that he'd follow her back like he did over the power thing, and when you break that down, it pretty much would have followed the same pattern. I've just got a feeling that with the Simon/Alisha thing, Simon was going to find out regardless of how that happened. Oh, speaking of Milk Boy-- easily one of my favorite villains of the series so far.

There's a lot of options for the third season too. Jesus might not be dead-- could have gotten Nathan's immortality-- and for all we know the powers might have went back to their owners when the person they've been transferred to dies. And I mean hell, future Simon told Alisha to never let the current him find out about him, and yet there he is, finding out about himself. In any event, the point is there's a crazy number of options coming out of it. As always, when you're dealing with time-traveling, continuity always gets fussed up.

So yeah, I finished Season 2 last night. So damn good. SO DAMN GOOD. I hate that now I have to wait until the end of this year to get more Misfits because damn it, I want the third season right now :(

So after reading this thread I have watched the first 3 eps of Season 1. I must say that while the show is good, it took till episode 3 for it to truly gel with me. Maybe it was the raised humour of the main guy with no powers (I haven't got all the names yet. I think it's Nathan?). I'll hopefully be able to catch up fairly quickly since I have some free time.

Also, where are they up to atm? Like have they got a full Season 2 or is it still running?

Edited by The Inquisition

Full Seasons 1 and 2, Season 3 won't be up 'til November. Though I'm fairly surprised that with the show not taking off immediately for you, it was Episode 3 that did the trick. Granted I liked the episode and all, it's just I wouldn't expect that one to be the episode that won someone over to the show. But hey, regardless, welcome aboard the Misfits love train (Y)

Yeah, I'm hating having to wait so long. It sucks :(

I suppose having it near the end of the year though is better for them with their standing on television or something-- keeps them fresh in people's heads at the end of the year or something. I don't know. I just don't like it.