Misfits

The Mask of Norro

Agreed. There's no reason we can't produce more episodes. Because the stars are growing up, Nathan's (the actor) moving onto bigger things, it seems. The series has a limited life span and I'd like to see us get a bit more out of it.

..I just want more Misfits. :shifty:

Edited by Split Second

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Sheehan has been confirmed as not returning for the third series. Word is they're replacing him with a character called Rudi or something. I don't know. I just know that Nathan is no longer going to be on Misfits and that sucks so fucking hard it hurts.

that's craptacular...

He was one of the only reasons I liked the show... There goes another one of my favourite shows down the crapper...

I just read that they're going to explain the Rudi appearance and the Nathan disappearance on some webisodes before the season 3 premiere or some crap...

It's the danger of centering an entire television show around one character. Nathan deserved it yes, he was easily the funniest one of the crew; however, Sheehan backing out of a third season means the popularity of the show is more than likely going to tank, and to be honest I just don't see anyone filling the shoes Sheehan's leaving behind. I won't be going into the third season expecting not to like it-- by all means, I'm giving it its chance because I want to see where they run with Simon and Alicia-- but damn it all, it needed Nathan!

... Sheehan has been confirmed as not returning for the third series. Word is they're replacing him with a character called Rudi or something. I don't know. I just know that Nathan is no longer going to be on Misfits and that sucks so fucking hard it hurts.

That's shitty news, but, in all honesty, I could see it coming. The guy's film career is really starting to take off. He's been in three pictures in the last few months, all of which were cinema releases. But yeah, I really don't see how Misfits will continue without Nathan. He was the best character by a long shot and was constantly funny. I'll definitely give the thirs seires a watch, but I don't see how it's going to be anywhere near as good without Sheehan.

• 1 year later...

So I just started watching this. I've watched all of the first two seasons, and I'm midway through the third season.

I was bummed to see Nathan leave, but I've grown fond of Rudy. Literally the episode after I told my friend I hated Rudy, he made me laugh harder than a lot of stuff I'd seen on the show. He's pretty good, even if he isn't quite Nathan levels of awesome.

Interest on the board seemed to die down after Season 2, but is anybody still watching?

I'm still watching it... I was annoyed with Rudy for the first few eps of season 3 but he has easily become my favorite character now...

I liked season 4 as well... Didn't really care for the new characters at first but they got better as it went on...

The season 4 finale felt like season 1/2 of misfits and hopefully that quality continues into season 5...

• 5 months later...

This season will be interesting though now that they've brought back characters people care about, but Misfits did everything that is comparable better.

Fucking hell, I'm raging at that guy who made me come to this thread thinking there was a new Misfits. I've not watched Skins for a while, but the girl that plays Effy is a fairly good friend of mine so I'll probably watch the new ones at some point,

So I just did a 2 day marathon of the first three seasons of the show. These are the thoughts I had after the final episode of season 3 and some time to read over season 4 changes.

Honestly? At first it seemed like it was about kids getting super powers based on their biggest insecurities, and I wasn't a big fan of that concept. Thankfully though, I stuck around and by the end of season 1 and the start of season 2 I was pretty hooked.

I'd also say Simon was by far my favorite character, his arc and honest development were pretty great. I'm not sure if I should even bother watching season 4 because of the huge cast change, and the way season 3 seemed to wrap everything up for the most part.

So I ask the board: Is it worth a watch/download/stream?

After returning to the country, I've started watching it through LoveFilm. Not really heard much about it until I got back. Just a few episodes in but I am loving it (third behind Silk and Luther for me with regards to UK stuff from the last few years).

I quite like Kelly to be fair. She showed more concern and depth in her character earlier on than some of the others. Also the second episode with Nathan and the girl he fell for was really touching actually and made me think a bit about ageing and the widening gulf between internal view of self and the views of others towards you.

After returning to the country, I've started watching it through LoveFilm. Not really heard much about it until I got back. Just a few episodes in but I am loving it (third behind Silk and Luther for me with regards to UK stuff from the last few years).

I quite like Kelly to be fair. She showed more concern and depth in her character earlier on than some of the others. Also the second episode with Nathan and the girl he fell for was really touching actually and made me think a bit about ageing and the widening gulf between internal view of self and the views of others towards you.

Unrelated, but is that the Lovefilm streaming service? If so, does it have much decent stuff?