Any Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel fans out there?

=BK=

Buffy kind of grows up with its audience as it progresses. It still keeps the same light hearted tone that it starts out with, but evolves into quite the different show from Series 1. Though honestly I've never really felt Angel was gritty or dark. I guess compared to Buffy, but it's still pretty light hearted.

from wiki

While the central concept behind Buffy was "high school as a horror movie" in small-town America,[7] co-creators David Greenwalt and Whedon were looking to make Angel into a different "gritty, urban show."[8] Whedon explained, "We wanted a much darker show, darker in tone. It's set in Los Angeles because there are a lot of demons in L.A. and a wealth of stories to be told. We also wanted to take the show a little older and have the characters deal with demons in a much different way. Buffy is always the underdog trying to save the world, but Angel is looking for redemption. It's those two things that creatively make the shows different."[9]

Meanwhile, as a result of Matzat being unable to spell, I'm currently mentally rewriting episodes of Angel and Buffy to star Kurt Angle. Particularly gripping is the Anglus saga, where Kurt has a brief moment of happiness but spends the next few months obsessively breaking the ankles of anybody who crosses his path (and in doing so, did wonders for Sunnydale Hospital)

• Like 2

from wiki

While the central concept behind Buffy was "high school as a horror movie" in small-town America,[7] co-creators David Greenwalt and Whedon were looking to make Angel into a different "gritty, urban show."[8] Whedon explained, "We wanted a much darker show, darker in tone. It's set in Los Angeles because there are a lot of demons in L.A. and a wealth of stories to be told. We also wanted to take the show a little older and have the characters deal with demons in a much different way. Buffy is always the underdog trying to save the world, but Angel is looking for redemption. It's those two things that creatively make the shows different."[9]

...Yes, because Whedon SAYING that he wanted it darker and grittier definitely means it WAS darker and grittier. Like I said, sure, in comparison to Buffy it was fairly dark, but it still had the light hearted feel of the same show. It's not exactly Sons of Anarchy when it comes to tone.

But yeah, the show where they killed a major character and the next episode introduced a WHACKY SIDEKICK to replace him was pretty fucking dark.

I love Buffy/Angel more than the next guy, but if you really think Angel was dark and gritty, you've clearly not seen a single show since it aired.

from wiki

...Yes, because Whedon SAYING that he wanted it darker and grittier definitely means it WAS darker and grittier. Like I said, sure, in comparison to Buffy it was fairly dark, but it still had the light hearted feel of the same show. It's not exactly Sons of Anarchy when it comes to tone.

But yeah, the show where they killed a major character and the next episode introduced a WHACKY SIDEKICK to replace him was pretty fucking dark.

I love Buffy/Angel more than the next guy, but if you really think Angel was dark and gritty, you've clearly not seen a single show since it aired.

Thats what I was talking about, in comparison to Buffy, so basicly we're agreed