Any Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel fans out there?

=BK=

I need a bit of help, I'm watching Angel all the way through and need to know what season Buffy was on when the 1st season of Angel started. I feel there is a Buffy episode I must watch to get this season of Angel fully.

I don't think so, this is between episodes of 7 and 8 of Angel,where from what I'm gathering Angel went back to Sunnydale to protect Buffy from something without ever letting her see him, now Buffy has showed up on Angel so I feel I should watch that episode of Buffy. But anywho, thanks, I'm about to look through season 4 of Buffy to find the ep.

btw, was the episode with Spike that you were thinking of the one where he gets another Vampire to tie up Angel and torture him with hot pokers through the body?

Edited by Kirkland

You mean there are people out there that actually agree with me that season 4 of Angel was rubbish? :o

I hated season 4 and it annoyed me to no end hearing how much the the writers/producers/etc loved it.

I think I vaguely remember hearing them say something to the effect of:

-"Usually in every season you have a few clunkers but this season it was quality from start to finish"

Uhm... it´s not that i am calling them terrible or anything wen it comes to the Monster of the week stuff, but the overarching Storyarc...

Season one was kinda like... hey we got a SpinOff, what now? Angel was whiny and Cordelia got a lead because she was famous for being hot at the time. They do stuff. Blah.

Season two had that wacky Dimension Crap, i forgot how long it wend on, but it felt like forever and silly... at least that gave us Fred who is the hottest girl in all Buffyverse.

Season three had that terrible Cordelia turning into an Angel/Demon majig and forcing this silly love story towards Angel...

I feel in the last two Seasons it finaly turned into something of it´s own in a good way, more than just a SpinOff that dos some stuff to fill air time. Esp. Wesley comes to mind, the Conor Storyline, making a deal with the Devil for Season five and mxing all of it up like in non of the 11 Buffyverse Seasons before or what someone called "uncrapping" Spike. (i actualy did not think he was turned crapy, he just evolved and it made sense... but i also like Buffy Season six a lot wich seems to be one of the things many people don´t)

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Uhm... it´s not that i am calling them terrible or anything wen it comes to the Monster of the week stuff, but the overarching Storyarc...

Season one was kinda like... hey we got a SpinOff, what now? Angel was whiny and Cordelia got a lead because she was famous for being hot at the time. They do stuff. Blah.

Season two had that wacky Dimension Crap, i forgot how long it wend on, but it felt like forever and silly... at least that gave us Fred who is the hottest girl in all Buffyverse.

Season three had that terrible Cordelia turning into an Angel/Demon majig and forcing this silly love story towards Angel...

I feel in the last two Seasons it finaly turned into something of it´s own in a good way, more than just a SpinOff that dos some stuff to fill air time. Esp. Wesley comes to mind, the Conor Storyline, making a deal with the Devil for Season five and mxing all of it up like in non of the 11 Buffyverse Seasons before or what someone called "uncrapping" Spike. (i actualy did not think he was turned crapy, he just evolved and it made sense... but i also like Buffy Season six a lot wich seems to be one of the things many people don´t)

...both of those started in Series 3. And then turned to shit in Series 4. Well, the Connor storyline did. Wesley is immune to being boring.

As for overarching storylines... to be honest, I'll take the Monster of the Week format from Season 1 and the Darla storyline/Fred storyline any day of the week over the fucking Evil Cordelia/Jasmine/The Beast. It doesn't matter if it was the first time they really stretched a story over the first series, it doesn't change the fact it was just disappointing as soon as The Beasts master was revealed. Which was pretty much exactly half way through the series.

You also pretty much just glossed over the whole Holtz storyline from Series 3 which was far, far, far better than anything from Series 4 and lasted about as long.

I also don't see how you can talk about overarching storylines and use that as a reason Season 5 was good and Season 1 was bad when there was something like, 3-4 of them over the course of series 5. It went from Spike The Ghost/Wolfram & Hart highjinks to Fake Doyle/Lindsey to Illyria to Team Angel Vs. The Circle of the Black Thorn, which was introduced in the second to last episode.

And yeah, Split nailed it. Doyle. The guy lasted 9 episodes and I'd still say he's one of the best things about the show.