Any Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel fans out there?

=BK=

Season Four is probably my favorite; I love that kind of serialized storytelling. Season 3 is close, but what started as an awesome Holtz arc completely fell apart in the middle (though it picked up again in the last two or three episodes). Also, I cannot stand the pure and radiant saint that is season 3 Cordelia.

Regardless of the hate the character gets, I think a big part of why Season 3 and 4 are my favorites is Kartheiser's turn as Connor. Dude did a fucking awesome job.

Edited by The Dragon

I think Split nailed it on the head, nothing can top just how awesome Doyle was. Just such a damn pity even when they wrote the character, they planned on him dying early because it hadn't been done much.

And Season 1 - 3 were awesome right up to the point Connor came back all grown up. Then it just kinda went 'Huh?' And even though I loved seeing just how torn Wes was with his betrayal and everything, and then Angel trying to kill him, once Connor came back, it was just kinda meh.

And I STILL haven't seen all of Season 4. I simply can't watch that shit. Only good twist was seeing Cordy kill Lilah, and the only bits I enjoyed was Faith's return, Willow dropping by to bust out her inner witch bitch.

And then Season 5, and I think I've missed like 4 episodes, but the episodes I have seen....oh man. Puppets, Black Thorn, Cavemen VS Astronauts, Hamilton, Lindsey comes back, and my favourite character of both Angel and Buffy, Spike. Seriously, Season 5 was just like they went 'Fuck Drama. Lets go for some comedy.' and they hit it about as good as they possibly could.

"Its Mountain Dew!"

SPIKE : Least I got company, eh ? You and me, together again. Hope and Crosby. Stills and Nash. Chico and the-

ANGEL : Yeah, are we done ?

SPIKE : Never much for small talk, were you ? Always too busy trying to perfect that brooding block-of-wood mystique. God, I love that.

ANGEL : Not as much as I loved your nonstop yammering.

SPIKE : The way you always had to be the big swingy, swaggerin' around, barkin' orders...

ANGEL : Never listening...

SPIKE : Always interrupting...

ANGEL : And your hair. What color do they call that ? radioactive ?

SPIKE : Never much cared for you, Liam, even when we were evil.

ANGEL : Cared for you less.

SPIKE : Fine.

ANGEL : Good. (beat) There was one thing about you...

SPIKE : Really ?

ANGEL : Yeah, I never told anybody about this, but I-I liked your poems.

SPIKE : (not flattered) *You* like Barry Manilow.

ANDREW : Spike ?

(he runs toward Spike, hugs him tearfully)

ANDREW : (emotional) It’s you. It’s really you ! My therapist thought I was holding onto false hope, but... I knew you’d come back. You’re like... you’re like Gandalf the White, resurrected from the pit of the Balrog, more beautiful than ever. Ohh... he’s alive, Frodo. He’s alive.

Spike becomes a regular character on Angel instead of just a guest from Buffy at some point, right?

Having only watched it the one time when it was airing some 7 years ago, all I remember from season 4 of Angel is:

1) Wesley took to brooding for some reason I forget. Either way, it involved the growing of Broody Angst Stubble to demonstrate his brood commitment.

2) Cordelia being in a coma which eliminated most of the funny.

3) FUCK OFF AND DIE CONNER

3) Skip may have appeared in one episode. If he did, that was probably the highlight of the season.

I didn't watch season 5 because of the awfulness of season 4, though I have since seen the puppet episode. That basically rockets it above season 4 in one shot.

So I'm wondering about something in Angel and Buffy. I've gathered the way someone is turned into a vamp is getting bit by a vampire that doesn't drain them completely and kill them. but I've also seen people get bit and nothing happen to them after the vampire gets off them. so i'm asking was it ever explained in detail about this process? sorry if the question isn't clear, bit sleepy.

I always kind of assumed it was just the will of the vampire when it came to who died or became a vampire themselves. I don't recall ever seeing someone get bit and nothing happens, though?

Then again, it's been YEARS since I watched Angel. I never got into Buffy, funny enough. I caught Angel right as the show was in it's last few episodes before being canceled (thank god for TNT), then bought the entire series on DVD. Season 4 was a bit shit. I really liked Skip though! And the Big Bad for that season. I liked him better as the main villain instead of Cordy being the Puppet Master. That was pretty lame.

It's detailed through Darla turning Angel and in the Dracula episode. They have to suck your blood, then when you're near death you have to suck their blood. At some point they mention that you rise the night after being sired, but I don't think they stick too closely to that throughout the two series'. In the words of Buffy herself, 'It's a whole sucking thing.'

I watched a great episode of Buffy last night on Netflix. This episode involved Buffy & Cordelia running for Homecoming Queen during Slayerfest 98. Trick was a great side character, and obviously the Mayor was awesome. I think the Mayor goes down as my second or third favorite Big Bad only behind Angelus due to his history with Buffy.

Season 3 was a great season. I've only begun rewatching the episodes recently, and I noticed Spike isn't in it yet. Does he return during this season, or does he come back later on?

I just finished Angel season 1 last night. Might start season 2 tonight if I don't have much of season 2 of Bones left to watch.

Spike makes a cameo in Season 3, and then returns fully in Season 4. They were originally going to have Drusilla with him in Season 3, but Juliet Landau was busy with other commitments.

Spike then fully comes back in Season 4 :)

Just finished season 2 last night. it was great till the end,I really hate the episodes in Lorne's dimension yet somehow I now like him more. Highlight of the season is Lindsey going batshit inside wolfram and hart talking about his evil hand and shooting stuff.

I literally just started watching Angel this week, and have already finished season 1. It's really good. Watched the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episodes that Angel went back to, and I can't help but feel that the two shows attempt to go for two totally different audiences. Angel seems more grown up, whereas Buffy seems to be for teens or tweens. Maybe I'm missing something, anyone tell me anything about the first couple of seasons of Buffy or something that may make me change my mind?

Not really, Angel is supposed to be a darker, gritter show than Buffy.

Edited by Kirkland