2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

Gotta say, I absolutely love the fantasy team I just drafted. Auction draft, got most of the guys I was targeting. This isn't my starting lineup, just listing the players at the positions they are eligible:

C: Jorge Posada

1B: Adrian Gonzalez

2B: Dan Uggla

3B: Casey McGehee, Martin Prado (Prado is also playable at 2B and will be playable in the OF soon enough)

SS: Jose Reyes

OF: Vladimir Guerrero, Jacoby Ellsbury, Manny Ramirez, Carlos Beltran (will simply DL Beltran if necessary and pick someone else up)

SP: Josh Johnson, Justin Verlander, Chris Carpenter, Tim Hudson, Matt Garza

RP: Joakim Soria, Francisco Rodriguez, Jose Valverde, Joe Nathan, Jonny Venters, Aroldis Chapman

The one guy I was targeting that I didn't get was Delmon Young. Got into a surprising bidding war for him. In retrospect I wish I would have given the extra buck to grab him since I finished the draft with money leftover. Also I really didn't want Posada, there was a huge Yankee homer in the draft so I figured I'd bait him and it didn't work out. Hopefully he bounces back.

I have a fantasy Keeper draft coming up where I will be getting the first pick. The best players available are Matt Holliday, Josh Hamilton, Matt Kemp, & Tim Lincecum. Right now I am completely stumped as who to pick. I love the 30/30 potential of Kemp, but I also love the numbers Hamilton could put up if he's healthy (which is a big if). Do you guys have any suggestion on who to draft? (If it helps right now my keepers are Sabathia, A-Rod, Heyward, & Kershaw)

I have a fantasy Keeper draft coming up where I will be getting the first pick. The best players available are Matt Holliday, Josh Hamilton, Matt Kemp, & Tim Lincecum. Right now I am completely stumped as who to pick. I love the 30/30 potential of Kemp, but I also love the numbers Hamilton could put up if he's healthy (which is a big if). Do you guys have any suggestion on who to draft? (If it helps right now my keepers are Sabathia, A-Rod, Heyward, & Kershaw)

I could go either way with Hamilton or Lincecum. Depends on where you are drafting. What the league settings are.

Is anyone familiar with the writing/reporting of T.J Simmers of the Los Angeles Times. Someone sent me this earlier. I find myself rooting for Marcus Thames now.

For the first time in my life, I don't give a rat's ass about opening day.

:/

Just sucks and is kind of depressing that there's like literally a handful of players still playing (or active on teams) from when I started watching the game.

That, and fuck the Yankees. Maybe TBS will carry the Braves @ Nats opener. I mean hell, I don't even give a shit about SF/LA tonight.

Figured I'd throw my picks out there.

AL

East

Red Sox

Yankees

Blue Jays

Rays

Orioles

Central

Twins

Tigers

White Sox

Indians

Royals

West

Angels

Rangers

Athletics

Mariners

MVP - Adrian Gonzalez

Cy Young - Jon Lester

Rookie of the Year - Kyle Drabek

Manager of the Year - Mike Sciosca

NL

East

Phillies

Marlins

Mets

Braves

Nationals

Central

Brewers

Reds

Cardinals

Cubs

Astros

Pirates

West

Giants

Rockies

Diamondbacks

Dodgers

Padres

MVP - Prince Fielder

Cy Young - Roy Halladay

Rookie of the Year - Aroldis Champan

Manager of the Year - Ron Roenicke

Playoffs

Angels over Yankees

Red Sox over Twins

Red Sox over Angels

Phillies over Brewers

Giants over Reds

Giants over Phillies

'

Red Sox over Giants

If for whatever reason you aren't aware DIRECTV (and I assume all Cable providers) have the baseball package for free until April 10th. I think the same applies to MLB.TV

Yankees in trouble early here versus the Tigers. Sabathia has loaded the bases and there is no out here in the 2nd.

Edit: Yankees get out of the by just giving up one on a sac fly.

Edited by sahyder1

According to YES Newtork this is the first time since 1926-27 Yankees have started same four IFers and same 3 OFers on opening day in back to back seasons. wow.

Edit: I was somewhat surprised that the Tigers let Verlander throw 114 pitches today.

tumblr_lixwv5HMVF1qd97e8o1_400.jpg

Can we all agree that anyone who refers to the Yankees as "underdogs" needs their head examined?

Edited by sahyder1

Working the majority of 162 Pittsburgh Pirates broadcasts can take it's toll on you. With every loss it's as if your job gets worse and worse. But if the Pirates can play all season like they have through 6 innings today, they may only lose 90 or so of those games this year. That would be terrific.

Edited by Evil Chase K