2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

I need to have my head examined for actually going to tonight's Mets game, especially since I've been sick as hell lately.

Was actually a fun game. But between Pagan getting thrown out at the plate in the 8th and Thole popping up a crucial bunt on the first pitch causing a double play in the 9th, it really feels like they are inventing new ways to lose. Thole popped up a bunt. Dickey popped up a bunt. Willie Harris failed to bunt so he gave up and promptly struck out. 3 fucked up attempts at bunting in one game may be some kind of record. Last Thursday to tonight may legitimately have been the worst week of baseball ever played by a team.

They have found a way to lock up 100 losses in April. I'll always watch the games but at least with the 2009 Mets I didn't become basically apathetic about the results until like July. This year I'll be feeling that way on April 21st.

One would expect them to take over the Mets at some time. I also wonder whether this would have happened had the franchise been the Pirates or Royals.

Baseball did it with the Expos and the Rangers.....so, yeah they probably would I think.

As for the Mets, baseball (MLB/BudSelig) seems to be trying to keep the Wilpons in charge of the Mets. They have issued them two loans so far right? It appears from afar that the parties in charge wants to keep the Mets ownership together if at all possible. With MLB blocking the Fox/Dodger's deal.....it seemed to be the opposite with LaLa franchise. Baseball seemed to want the McCords out, (that is the Dodger Ownership correct?) and blocked any attempt to help them out financially.

That's just my opinion anyways.

One would expect them to take over the Mets at some time. I also wonder whether this would have happened had the franchise been the Pirates or Royals.

Baseball did it with the Expos and the Rangers.....so, yeah they probably would I think.

As for the Mets, baseball (MLB/BudSelig) seems to be trying to keep the Wilpons in charge of the Mets. They have issued them two loans so far right? It appears from afar that the parties in charge wants to keep the Mets ownership together if at all possible. With MLB blocking the Fox/Dodger's deal.....it seemed to be the opposite with LaLa franchise. Baseball seemed to want the McCords out, (that is the Dodger Ownership correct?) and blocked any attempt to help them out financially.

That's just my opinion anyways.

With the Rangers it was MLB who appointed someone to be in charge, they didn't take over they just made sure someone would head the organization. The Expos, if I recall, still had someone else run the day-to-day. This is an issue where MLB has basically taken over to make sure the ballclub not only continues to operate but to make sure that there is no fire sale, or at least a lessened one.

And yes, Selig is good friends with the Wilpons and conspiracy theorists will obviously think that's why this hasn't happened in New York yet. Meanwhile it is pretty obvious either the McCourts and Selig didn't see eye-to-eye or the divorce trial is such a big deal that Selig wanted to make sure the franchise could run properly and uninterrupted.

Do you remember when some of you guys were trying to convince yourselves that the Mets would have a decent season? They can't execute the fundamentals, they're injury prone, their ace may not pitch this year and they play in the equivalent of Yellowstone Park. How did you not see this season playing out exactly the way it is? Things will only get worse when they ship off Reyes and/or Beltran and replace them with some AA scrubs.

Between being a Knicks fan and a Mets fan, it's a wonder you still pay attention to sports at all, naiwf.

Don't forget the choking dog Rangers and NY Giants too :(

At least the Giants have great ownership and a recent Super Bowl to ease the pain. Those other three teams compete for worst ownership/management in their respective sports and I'm surrounded by blowhard fans of the Yankees and Jets. A lesser man would have jumped ship by now, but I am not a quitter!

Remember when you predicted the Giants collapse and it played out exactly that way? That was my favorite part of last season. :w00t:

You may call me naiwfstradamus. If I like a team they will find new and exciting ways to choke, so I'm thinking about becoming a Yankees and Cowboys fan this year :P

Remember when you predicted the Giants collapse and it played out exactly that way? That was my favorite part of last season. :w00t:

You may call me naiwfstradamus. If I like a team they will find new and exciting ways to choke, so I'm thinking about becoming a Yankees and Cowboys fan this year :P

If you jump on board and then Sahyder promises to come in this thread and let us know everytime a Yankee starter is in the midst of a good game we could see the Yankees finish 50-112. It would EWB's finest contribution to society.

• Like 1

If you jump on board and then Sahyder promises to come in this thread and let us know everytime a Yankee starter is in the midst of a good game we could see the Yankees finish 50-112. It would EWB's finest contribution to society.

My name is HttK and I approve of this idea.