2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

I'm just going to enjoy the Jose Bautista power surge while it lasts. It's nice to watch a guy just kill it at the plate, look at his stats from 2004-2009 and then 2010 and now 2011. There is a steady trend of about .700 OPS, suddenly it jumps up to 1.000. That's more than a gradual jump and as a result it's going to be questioned. So far he's clean though, and I hope it lasts. It'd be nice to have a guy suddenly become a power threat all on his own for once.

Guest mr. potato head

Anyone else find it amusing that, as of today, Jose Bautista is on pace to hit 74 home runs and break the home run record?

Anyone else find Bautista's sudden surge of power quite odd?

He goes from a 20 HR guy a season to 50+ ... where'd this come from?

Maybe Toronto had a better hitting coach? I recall Dick Schofield's batting average jumping quite a bit once Larry Hisle got him to change his bat angle, turning fly-outs into line drives.

Anyone else find it amusing that, as of today, Jose Bautista is on pace to hit 74 home runs and break the home run record?

Anyone else find Bautista's sudden surge of power quite odd?

He goes from a 20 HR guy a season to 50+ ... where'd this come from?

He opened up his batting stance in August or September of 2009 if I remember correctly.

Yankees/Orioles just started the top of the 15th. If this was a Yankees/Red Sox game it would probably be 1:40 AM right now and not 11:40 PM. Bartolo Colon pitched eight solid innings for the Yankees (87 pitches) before Mariano blew the save. Yankees still haven't used Chamberlain and Robertson out of their bullpen. I guess they were supposed to have the night off but they will have to use them soon. Showalter just went to his last relief pitcher so it will be a starter or a position player next.

Edit: Mike Gonzalez gives a double to Cano on the first pitch. Hits the next guy in head and the umpire immediately tosses him. Definitely an overreaction. Why the hell would Gonzalez be trying to hit him? Only guy left on Yankees bench is Posada. Guthrie (scheduled to start tomorrow) is coming into the game.

Edited by sahyder1

You just jinxed it. Gonzalez gets thrown out and now we're using tomorrow's starter.

Overreaction from the home plate umpire.

Edit: Apparently Russel Martin got hit after a HR in an earlier game against the Orioles. Still makes no sense to toss the guy. There is no way that was intentional.

Edit 2: Jeter was the DH he is coming into the game at SS so the Yankees lose the DH. Nunez is moving from SS to the OF. A.J Burnett is pinch running for Dickerson since Posada is only bench guy left.

Edited by sahyder1

What's his OBP/slugging seperately, out of curiousity?

And also, fun fact: the AL East is the winningest division right now. Only one team (Orioles) is below .500.