2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

Ozzie Guillen traded to Marlins for 2 prospects

Wow..didn't know managers could be traded..

I was looking at something on Baseball-Reference.com today and came across an unusual stat. Curtis Granderson of potential 2011 MVP fame has come to the plate 680 times and has a total of ZERO IBB this year. He leads the league in runs scored, RBIs, has over 40 HRs to his name and hasn't been intentionally walked once this entire season. I can't really think of anyone else putting up numbers like that who never gets a free pass in the post Barry Bonds era.

Actually doesn't surprise me that much. As a team the Yankees are tied for 26th in the majors in IBBs with 30. When you have a lot of depth in your 1-9, pitchers don't really have the option of the IBB. If they do they'd tend to come towards the bottom half of the order, not somebody hitting in front of Tex.

Exactly. Throughout the year, Granderson has hit in front of Tex, Cano, and A-Rod. Kind of hard to IBB when you have one of those three waiting in the on-deck circle.

Tex is hitting .244 with 12 GIDP. I'd take my chances. What's the difference between losing 6-1 or 8-1? :shifty:

Exactly. Throughout the year, Granderson has hit in front of Tex, Cano, and A-Rod. Kind of hard to IBB when you have one of those three waiting in the on-deck circle.

Tex is hitting .244 with 12 GIDP. I'd take my chances. What's the difference between losing 6-1 or 8-1? :shifty:

I'd take my chances with Granderson long before I'd do it with A-Rod, Texeiera or Cano.

Rays and Cards to win the Wild Cards. I'm just rooting for anything other than the I Wish Everyone Would Die In A Fire World Series aka Phillies/Yankees.

AL MVP should be - Verlander, Joey Bats, Ellsbury

AL MVP will be - Granderson, Bautista, Gonzalez (Verlander gets 4th or 5th) <_<

NL MVP should be - Kemp, Who Cares, Who Cares Again

NL MVP will be - Braun, Kemp, Who Cares

AL CY should be - Verlander (unanimous)

AL CY will be - Verlander, Weaver, Sabathia

NL CY should be - Kershaw, Kennedy, Halladay

NL CY will be - Kershaw, Halladay, Lee (Kennedy gets 4th)

Ellsbury? Lol. Have you seen their collapse? Does your Yankee hatred seriously cloud your judgment that much?

211 hits, 32 HR/38 SB, 119 runs, 105 RBI, league leader in TB (363), 46 2B, 2nd in the league in WAR behind Bautista. If Boston had won the East he'd probably win the MVP.

LOL indeed.

• Like 1

Ellsbury? Lol. Have you seen their collapse? Does your Yankee hatred seriously cloud your judgment that much?

.321 batting average with 31 Homeruns and 101 RBIs out of the leadoff spot. .373 average with 7 Homeruns and 19 RBIs in September. Does your Yankees fandom seriously cloud your judgement that much?

Red Sox aren't collapsing because of Ellsbury. He shouldn't be MVP because Bautista and Verlander are better candidates but Ellsbury should be 3rd.