2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

Didn't get to see the game last night, but I have a hard time believing the Rangers can continue winning is CJ doesn't get back on track. He's had two poor performances in the playoffs, but the rest of the team has been stellar.

Theo Epstein has been reported as being in Chicago. Buster Olney says he's a goner if the right offer comes his way.

Honestly I think I'd jump at the chance for that, ditto if Francona comes over as well. Expectations are low, but if they could somehow end another curse they'd become instant Hall of Famers, would be able to travel around Chicago on thrones, and would likely never need to pay for anything in that city again.

Holy shit what a blown call.

For those who didn't see it. Bases Loaded for the Brewers, Weeks at the plate. Grounds the ball to SS, they obviously get the out at 2nd but Weeks makes it up the baseline and touches 1st just as the ball is bouncing on the dirt in front of Pujols. Hart would've scored, Braun would be on 3rd, and Weeks on 1st and the score would be 7-3 with the tying run at the plate. Instead, inning over.

Rangers Preparing To Bid For C.C. Sabathia

I know he'll almost certainly end up going back to the Yankees, and the backdoor way it's been reported is sort of spiritual tampering (something the Steinbrenner's are pretty well versed in), but it's probably a good way of making sure the Yanks are occupied while they try to bring back CJ/sign Yu Darvish. And seriously, after watching Hank basically ask AJ to opt out of his contract with the Jays in 2008 (although thanks for that Hank, BTW) to go to big money in the big apple it'll be funny if CC sees the leverage they've given him and opts out to get that A-Rod type term under his current salary.

I know he'll almost certainly end up going back to the Yankees, and the backdoor way it's been reported is sort of spiritual tampering (something the Steinbrenner's are pretty well versed in), but it's probably a good way of making sure the Yanks are occupied while they try to bring back CJ/sign Yu Darvish. And seriously, after watching Hank basically ask AJ to opt out of his contract with the Jays in 2008 (although thanks for that Hank, BTW) to go to big money in the big apple it'll be funny if CC sees the leverage they've given him and opts out to get that A-Rod type term under his current salary.

I'd be shocked if he signs with Texas. If C.C leaves, he'll leave for a team in California. Much like last time I do not want him on the Angels though. Could the Giants make a play and then maybe trade Cain for some offense?

I'd be shocked if he signs with Texas. If C.C leaves, he'll leave for a team in California. Much like last time I do not want him on the Angels though. Could the Giants make a play and then maybe trade Cain for some offense?

Given what CC's going to cost (and how brutal the terms will eventually be), why wouldn't they just pursue Reyes/Fielder/Beltran on the FA market? Do you really want to be paying a big bodied SP like CC 25 million dollars in 2018? I mean the Giants/Red Sox/Cubs/Rangers will all like him at a price, but ultimately the Yanks are going to go above that. And if it got in the way of the Giants finding a way to lock up Tim Lincecum long term, that would be a gigantic, franchise changing mistake.

Tigers gutted one out today with Verlander throwing over 130 pitches and Delmon Young hitting a couple of big flies.

I'm still holding out a little bit of hope that Max and Fister can contain the Texas bats for a couple more games and the Tigers can pull off a miracle, but if it doesn't happen, this team has nothing to hang their heads about at all.