MLB 11: The Show vs. MLB 2K11

Toe

For base stealing, you need to hold down the button when the scoreboard flashes and you feel the pad rumble when it's done. As for hitting hard, are you pulling back on the stick and pushing forward or just pushing forward? As for being a good, consistant hitter, ask someone else.

I figured there was something to do with the pad rumbling, but I thought I was supposed to press the button when it rumbled >_>

Hitting, I've generally just been pushing forward, I figure being able to make contact is key before worrying too much about power. When you do pull back to hit, do you prewind it before the pitcher throws, or do you have to time it so it's a smooth movement?

Knocked out a couple of doubles in my last game, and even scored a run. But then the pressure got to me and I conceded like 4 in one inning. To the Reds. FML.

I don't watch as much baseball as I'd really like to, so I don't get some of the nuances, like the best situations to steal (obviously if you're Billy Bean, it's never).

I don't watch as much baseball as I'd really like to, so I don't get some of the nuances, like the best situations to steal (obviously if you're Billy Bean, it's never).

Depends on the inning, the score, the pitcher, the catcher, the hitter, how many out there are, and the baserunner. :)

It's things like that that make baseball great.

I can't do shit in the way of hitting. Every time, I hit around the Mendoza line -- but my fielding is usually great. As a result, I usually warm the bench and come in to pinch hit (worst decision ever) or relieve an infielder (since my position is 2nd base).

• 3 weeks later...

iirc, you have to set the game to 3 innings, play that and then you get the acheivement. God knows why.

Online games, there can be lag yeah but I eitehr have games where everything is fine or it feels like you are swinging a bat that weights 500 pounds.

And done the full 9 innings too? If so, God knows what's the problem there but I shall ask around those who may know.

EDIT - Do you do it this way?

MANY have reported playing through multiple games with no achievement, the way to get around this is AFTER you have selected matchup you want, while you are looking at the team selection screen press "Y" for options. Your only option is to change the number of innings. Simply change this to 3 innings, go back to the team select screen, select your team and then play.

God damn, am I ever tired of the AI pulling me out of the game when I give up a hit in the 6th-8th inning. I'm still in control, I've thrown 75-85 pitches, stop overreacting. It's made worse by the fact that nine times out of ten, we're leading and lose the game after I'm subbed out.

The really annoying thing is I can't complain to the manager about it like you can in The Show.