MLB 11: The Show vs. MLB 2K11

Toe

I'm looking to pick up a baseball game this year, but I absolutely SUCK at pitching. Always have.

The pitching system on 2k10 was the best part of the game. Hopefully The Show steals it, as The Show is a better game, but I disliked the pitching.

The system in The Show isn't similar to the one in MLB 2K except that they both use the stick. With The Show, you pick you pitch, lock in a location, then go back and forth on the stick. It doesn't have the gestures that makes 2K pitching fun.

I'm looking to pick up a baseball game this year, but I absolutely SUCK at pitching. Always have.

The pitching system on 2k10 was the best part of the game. Hopefully The Show steals it, as The Show is a better game, but I disliked the pitching.

The system in The Show isn't similar to the one in MLB 2K except that they both use the stick. With The Show, you pick you pitch, lock in a location, then go back and forth on the stick. It doesn't have the gestures that makes 2K pitching fun.

I know that from The Show 10, but I recall reading something about how 11's pitching was going to be changed.

from the Wow..That Sucks department..and regarding Stevie Richards!

ECW original Stevie Richards almost won a million dollars this week. The key word being - ALMOST.

2K Sports, the creators of the new MLB 2K11 baseball video game, is holding its annual contest where the first person to pitch a 'perfect game' wins $1 million. Stevie Richards bought the game and did what thousands of gamers have tried to do - he pitched a perfect game.

Unfortunately for Stevie - this year's does not begin until April 1st. Last year, the contest began as soon as MLB 2K10 went on sale. For some reason, this year's contest does not begin until 4/1.

News of Richards' ill-fated attempt at the $1 million prize has been picked up by a number of video game blog, including Joystick.com, Kotaku.com and others.

At least he knows he's up for the challenge, you can bet he'll be practicing from now until when the contest begins.

Ugh. I had placed an order for it on Modells.com with a 40% off coupon, but thanks to the Slickdeals/CheapAssGamer effect my order was canceled. Now I have to find another way to not pay full price in the next week. I would be up for a league though.

Edit: Modells just sent out a code to everyone to get the discount again. I should have the game next week :)

• 2 weeks later...

denimassassin

I am not awesome. Pitching takes some getting used to, and even if you are perfect, only the best pitchers will constantly put their pitches where you want them.

But your brother uses that one now, too!

denimassassin

I am not awesome. Pitching takes some getting used to, and even if you are perfect, only the best pitchers will constantly put their pitches where you want them.

But your brother uses that one now, too!

I know. The other one expired and he is too lazy to go and renew it. I am considering going back to the PS3 just to spite him at this point.