MLB 11: The Show vs. MLB 2K11

Toe

• 2 weeks later...

Depends what kind of timeframe we're looking at. I'm still possibly going to have to wait another month.

Ordering from playasia? Took two weeks roughly for me. And I can wait a month, maybe by then I can do more than catch a ball. >_>

I had the single, double and home run, so when I made contact I just immediately had him go to third as the score was like 10-0 anyways. Luckily the defense overthrew and the 3rd baseman had to step off the bag.

Next game I had Young a homerun away from the cycle and Tyler Colvin a triple away. Then I went to Miller Park and it's even shadowy darkness and struck out a lot.

I have The Show. The closest I've ever been to hitting for the cycle was in my RTTS major league debut with the A's. I hit a single, then a home run, then a double. I hit a ball into the gap, turned the corner and made it. They called it a double. I was pissed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing it on and off, whist my pitching has improved ten-fold, my fielding has declined and I can't get a hit to save my life right now. :( Best I can do is easy pop-up catches or short groundballs that get me easily out at 1st. In one hell of a slump. :(

• 2 weeks later...

It finally came! Love the pitching system, although I wish the graphics were a bit more subtle for it. Like, if they're going to the effort to use realistic broadcast angles and shadows and whatnot, I don't really want giant spinning wheels popping up everywhere. Oh well. I knew the 2k series wasn't the best looking, but christ, it's worse than The Show 09! It looks like a good PS2 game, and the faces are awful (especially for your create a player). Some of the animations are pretty stilted too.

I'm up for the league still, but I really need help with hitting. I've done the drills alright, but in an actual game, I can't seem to do much other than get the occasional single, just can' get enough power usually to get it pas the infield.

Speaking of drills, I couldn't do any that involved stealing a base because the dude never seemed to actually go, he'd just get a massive lead and just stand there.